Sunday, February 9, 2014

Homeschool favorites: Hodge Podge pastel art

I really want to start doing homeschool favorites again.  A post where I share a resource or something that we've liked using in the week.  Or, maybe just a book we liked!  Anyway, this week one of my favorite homeschool resources was A simple start in chalk pastels: Winter Olympics by Hodge Podge.

We have loved getting to know how to use chalk pastels this year with other Hodge Podge tutorials.  My kids really feel like artists because they are so easy to work with.

This week we made the olympic medals.  I didn't get any action shots, so here are the final results...

IMG_5564
April's art

IMG_5566
Aaron's art.

IMG_5565
Mom's art.  I love doing it too!
Yes, pastels are messy, but I always take the advice of HodgePodge and keep a pack of baby wipes at the table.  IT really helps!  

 Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...