Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tot school: Easter Eggs, the letter J and preschool plans

I pulled out our sensory table from the garage to actually use it.  It's been in there for a long time because I just haven't had the room for it.  It still had beans in it from months ago.  I decided to let him have one last play with the beans before we took them out.  I threw in some Easter eggs, and our egg coloring cups.

He had fun making shakers with the eggs and beans.  He also had fun making a "garden."  I had these little foam flowers on tongue depressors from a lesson at church, and gave them to him.  Ignore the what?, where?, etc. that was for the church lesson.  He was just playing with them.  Although he would ask me a lot, what does this one say?  He knew there were words on it.  So I told him what it said, and then made a question for him because I'm not sure it made much sense to him why they said who what where why, lol.

Here he is "planting" his garden.  I had to show him how to do it first, then he re-created it for me to take pictures.
IMG_5969

Oh, look at this nice garden all nice and peaceful!...

IMG_5970

...time to destroy the garden with some beans!  Here they come!
IMG_5972

Bam!  That garden is gone.  All this happened within a few seconds!  Boys.
IMG_5973

Later I took the beans out when I'd had enough of the beans, and made an egg sorting game with tongs.

IMG_5974

All done!
IMG_5978

This is his tot school printables for the letter J.  I didn't take any pictures of him doing any of these.  We just did them.  As you can see we also made jellyfish on the left side of the picture.

IMG_5952

Since he is not really a "tot schooler" anymore, I've been trying to decide what I want to do for him now.  He is doing one more round of letter X tot school printables, but after that I think we'll be done with those.  We'll still continue with a letter of the week, but we'll do it along with The Itty-Bitty Bookworm preschool plans.  I'm going to try and focus on that alone, with more learning trays (Montessori style), and see if we can get some more preschool action going on around here!

Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...