Thursday, April 28, 2016

52 lists~ Favorite books (week 15)

This 52 lists thing is turning out to be more like only 12 lists because I'm only averaging once a month! I had great dreams of getting a list up every week, but each week when I see the topic I have a hard time really listing them out. It's harder than it looks to make a list!

Well, this week list is no different. My favorite books? How can I pick only a few? It could be quite an extensive list! Well, this is the list I came up with (with the help of Goodreads, which I have an account with now). Oh, and to get my ideas rolling I searched for some favorite book lists and most of the lists I found had several of the books I like.

This list includes books that I often go back to read with children as they are ready for them, or re-read myself. It includes any kind of book for any age. I'm sure I could make several lists for different themes, but this is just an overall favorites list.

My favorite books...

1. Pocketful of Pinecones
2. Charlotte's Web
3. Little House on the Prairie series
4. The boxcar children
5. Peter Rabbit
6. Elephant and Piggie books
7. Best Hikes with kids: Oregon
8. Harry Potter series
9. Crenshaw (a more recent one)
10. The Polar Express
11. And lots more!

I guess it really looks like more children's books right now. Maybe because that's the season I'm in as I am sharing all these wonderful books with my kids. I try to read for myself, but really I don't get to as much as I'd like. Just because of lack of time. I mostly read kids books. I am working on a book of my own usually, but it takes me a very long time to get through my own books. I am hoping that gets better soon. It will, I know it.

52 lists with Chasing Slow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...