Thursday, November 16, 2017

E is for Everything Thanksgiving week

I wanted to get out Christmas decorations last weekend.

I didn't even want to get out the Thanksgiving box because it required me to find it in storage.

It's not that I don't want to be thankful. That's never the case. I am just very excited for Christmas, and can't wait for the decorations to go up.

I wasn't even sure how much I had for Thanksgiving. We usually don't decorate for Christmas until the weekend after Thanksgiving, so I needed something to go on the mantel.

Then I was inspired by a facebook event that is taking place this whole week. It is a week long focus on Thanksgiving with fun things to do with the kids all week. It can be part of a unit study, or just for fun. I got excited because I really do love Thanksgiving. So, I decided to just go and dig out my thanksgiving stuff from storage. I had more than I remembered having.

Untitled
Some of the things we have collected over the years. The pilgrims and indians are a craft that Aric made a few years ago. I am so glad those are still together.
 I also dug out our fall/Thanksgiving books. We have checked out a few from the library too.

Untitled

We had to get some games out from storage as well. Alex just loves this game The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel game

Untitled

This kid beat me every time.

Untitled

Not only is Amanda Bennet having her week long Thanksgiving fun, but ChalkPastel.com is also having a week long Thanksgiving art fest as well. I just love chalk pastel art, so I thought we'd include some of their projects too.

We started on Monday making a pumpkin...

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Aaron--11 years -old

Art on the wall makes me happy...

Untitled

 We made pilgrim hats with cookies and mini peanut butter cups...

Untitled

Untitled

 We also painted/chalked Mr. Whiskers from Cranberry Thanksgiving...

Untitled

Untitled
By Mom (Desiree)
Untitled
Alex and Aric's picture of Mr. Whiskers.
This is all we have so far. We have some days left this week, and we'll continue into next week as we approach Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll post a part 2!

I am linking this up with ABC blogging through the alphabet.


Hopkins Homeschool

1 comment:

  1. We love the I Spy books, but had no idea there was a Thanksgiving one!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...