Thursday, November 23, 2017

F is for Football

We did this last month, and I never got around to posting about it, but it fits perfectly into my abc blogging this week for the letter F.

We have been learning about football through Amanda Bennett's Unit Studies, and had some fun activities after our official "day 1" of the study.

One of her suggestions for a fun project to go along with the study is to get a sheet, and decorate it with all the things we learn throughout the unit study. I have done this with some of our previous studies, and the kids just love it. So, I picked up a cheap sheet from Walmart, set out the sharpies and let the kids have fun.

IMG_2588
IMG_2586

We made paper footballs...

IMG_2592

Alex chose to color his pink, and we of course loved using the thin stix for these.

IMG_2590IMG_2594

Aric's was orange...

IMG_2591

Aaron went with the classic brown...

IMG_2593

I made a little "football field" with a tablecloth I found at Walmart. The boys had fun flicking them to see how far they could go.

IMG_2595
IMG_2596

IMG_2597
We tried some different techniques. If you want a great video to watch try this one. This Dad is funny, and has some great tips.


Also, if you'd like to have some fun with football too, Football Frenzy is on special right now, only $4!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...