Today we celebrated one special 7 year-old's birthday.
I have dubbed it his lucky birthday.
Why? Because some consider 7 to be a lucky number, and I like to make things fun. It also made me think of the rainbow with 7 colors. That's pretty lucky too.
So, today we celebrated with some color and fun.
This kid was so excited for his birthday! He could hardly contain himself the night before.
We sure love this little ball of energy, so we did a lot to make him feel as special as we could for his birthday today. Especially since his party had to be moved until later in January.
I think it worked, he had a pretty good day which means this is a pretty long post.
But, one last shot of his 7 year-old pictures before we tell you about it.
His day started out with excitement. He woke up bouncing up and down, and ready to jump into it. First he found his new Ikea chair that Daddy put together the night before.
He had to wait for his siblings to wake up to open the rest of his presents. There were tears, but he made it. Finally, it was time.
He opened Grandma and Grandpa's present first.
A pack of dinosaurs! He was thrilled. He has recently discovered that he likes dinosaurs.
Very colorful and fun!
Then we were off to Pietro's pizza for lunch as a family. Complete with tokens, games and fun.
Aaron was playing this when I came by. He was trying to win one of those cards.
He did it!
We had a coupon for a winter break package deal that came with mini-golf, and laser tag. I walked through with them for mini-golf. Glow in the dark 3D mini-golf!
Complete with kooky (3D) glasses.
We had him pick one outdoor activity to do today, he chose roller blading at the park. Thankfully we were able to get it in before the sun went down. We spent some time shopping at Toys 'r' us too because he had some birthday money, so we almost didn't make it home in time for his outdoor activity.
Finally, the part he has been waiting for all day! Cake and ice cream.
April and I made rainbow cupcakes. She did the frosting.
We sang Happy Birthday! So did the dinosaur, and possibly the cat.
We had rainbow sherbet in rainbow colored bowls.
And, that was it! The day was over, and it was time for bed. He has lots of fun Lego sets to build tomorrow though, and in January he'll have a chance to celebrate with friends at the swimming pool.
1. What is your favorite color? Easy! Blue!
2. What is your favorite toy? Tonka Trucks
3. What is your favorite stuffed animal? Smokey, he's my kitty
4. What is your favorite thing to sleep with? My fan? I don't really know. (Mom and Dad, lol)
5. What is your favorite fruit? Banana
6. What is your favorite cereal? Apple Jacks
7. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles
8. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Pizza
9. What is your favorite dessert? Ice Cream
10. What is your favorite drink? Dr. Pepper
11. What do you want to eat for your birthday dinner? Pizza
12. What is your favorite animal? Tiger
13. What is your favorite book? Mr. Willowby's Christmas tree. Hey it (the tree) got cut off 7 times, and I'm turning 7!
14. What is your favorite song? Boom Clap
15. What is your favorite game? Battleship
16. What is your favorite TV Show? Home Improvement
17. What is your favorite movie? Trolls
18. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with my trucks
19. Who is your best friend? Karly Jo
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A police officer.