Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Thoughts from the day...top 10 list

We had a good day today.  Here's my list of 10 thoughts from the day:

1.  I discovered that my "shark's!" blog post had been featured on the homeschool share blog.  How cool is that?!  I noticed in my weekly stats email that my page loads jumped to 135 last Tuesday, and that got me curious.  I never usually have more than 20-30 page loads in one day, so I did some looking on Statcounter to find that traffic coming from homeschool share blog.  Although, I hope people aren't too disappointed when they actually click over because this is just me, in real life.

2.  We (April and I) finished our volunteer shift at the library tonight, and the librarian said we only had just over an hour left of service before we had the official 11 hours needed to get our card!  Even better than that, she said she would go ahead and approve us to get our out of county card now, and that we could finish the 1 hour left sometime later.  Tomorrow's library day!  So excited to sign up for the card we worked so hard to get.

3.  I just realized that I only posted 5 times in May.  Wow, I have been pretty busy (and distracted)!   I have been thinking a lot today about what I have to post about, and it's not much.  So, that leaves me with a question:  What do you like to read about here?

4.  We went bowling today because we are signed up for the "kids bowl free" summer deal.  I really wanted to take them because I love bowling, but I had also been dreading going because I have a 1.5 year old who doesn't sit still.  He did surprisingly well, and loved all the "balls."  He didn't really run off which I was worried about, and the kids had a great time too.  We forgot to look at our score at the end though, so we don't know who won!  It was a pretty good game though.  I also loved that I didn't play, just the kids. 

5.  One of my favorite parts of today was sitting outside this morning, in the backyard with my boys, in my pj's watching the chickens after feeding them.

6.  It has been fun going to the local pool everyday for the past 2.5 weeks, but I'm glad this Friday is the last day of swim lessons.  It'll be nice to not have to go everyday, and hopefully it'll warm up soon so we can just use our new pool at home!  My kids have learned a lot from swim lessons though.

7.  With all this cool weather I keep having to remind myself that it is actually summer.  I am kinda looking forward to Fall though...sorta.  Okay, I still want summer to get here, then I'll be ready for Fall.

8.  I'm in the middle of planning a unit study about the U.S. constitution/government/elections.  I use the term planning very loosely.  I don't plan too well, but I am making the lapbooks completely ahead of time, and hoping to get a good list of library books ready.  I was thinking about how the kids will take to this unit study.  I'm not sure if they are going to be excited or not, but that will determine how deeply we get into it I guess :-)  Maybe we'll plan a field trip to the state capitol.  April did that with her class

9.  I realized today that I need to start a household binder.  I have been thinking about it for a long time, but I really should do something about it soon.

10.  April likes to change my background on my computer desktop.  I like when she does this because 1. I don't have to take the time to do it, and 2. It's fun to see what she comes up with.  Today she changed my desktop to a picture from camping last year with red, white, and blue lights on it.  It made me happy about camping, and I realized that it's almost time to go on our big 4th of July camping trip again!  Next week!  I'm both excited, and a little bit frazzled.

Desiree


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...