Thursday, December 13, 2018

My Weekly Notebook: odds and ends

Life this week...

I was feeling on top of the world on Monday when I baked 2 kinds of cookies for an activity that I thought was happening on Tuesday. I even had my friend over to help (which was part of the assignment). Only I didn't realize I had the wrong week. That activity was scheduled for next week. It pays to double check the calendar! I really don't know why I had it in my head that it was this week. Sheesh! Good news is that I didn't show up at the church with all those cookies only to find no one there. Luckily, I realized that on Monday evening.

Untitled

Untitled



Homeschool this week...

I am still really loving Superteacherworksheets. This was originally a review we did, but I ended up buying a new subscription when our free one from the review was up. I printed up these worksheets for the boys to do on our way to Summit this week. We go every Thursday, so I am trying to be more proactive in getting them things to work on during the drive.

Untitled
Aric did some graphing.
Untitled
Alex did a color by number with addition problems.
Reviews we are working on...

Technically right now we are on break from the review crew. It will start back up in January with a whole new year of reviews, and I do plan to continue, but this review of Practice Monkeys will carry over to the new year as well. This one is going a little longer so that we can really get a feel of how the program works. It takes time to learn an instrument. Also, to have the chance to do an assessment. Which we finally did this week. Alex moved from Level 1 to Level 2. It all worked so smoothly, and from the comfort of our own home!

Untitled

Untitled

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

A sweet little baby girl's one-year old birthday party. I just love this wrapping paper, and the pretty pink bow.

Untitled


Something I accomplished...

I have been working on this puzzle since about the time we left for our Disney trip, so about a month and a half. I finally finished it this week! 

Untitled

Just for fun...

We played a game of SkipBo outside when it was mid 50's and somewhat sunny. It was a little bit chilly, but it was just nice to be outside.

Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...