Friday, August 5, 2022

My Weekly Notebook: August week 1

Life this week...

Sometimes I feel like I'm doing a lot of stuff, but not really accomplishing much. This week was one of those weeks. A lot of stuff just didn't pan out the way I thought they would. But, there were a lot of good things from the week too. Just little moments and little things that added up to make it a good week.

Homeschool this week (summer edition)... 

Some of those little things happened in our homeschool this week. First, Aaron finished his online Journalism 1a class (exactly half a credit of an English class), and started Journalism 1b. He got some great comments from the teacher, and he has been working hard all summer to get it finished. If he finishes Journalism 1b the last half of this summer he'll be caught up on all his English high school credits. 

20220801_111528 

We had a nice afternoon of writing one afternoon. Alex picked writing in his journal (which he never does on his own), and I was able to sit and do my cursive/coloring for adults book. 

20220804_151313

We also visited the owlery to learn how to write a letter. Alex picked a friend that he talks to pretty often. But, it was a good exercise for him. He even learned how to address the envelope. Where to put the to/from address. We'll try to add visits to the owlery more often this school year for Harry Potter school.

Untitled

Mom-school this week...

I finished coloring a page in my Brain Games/Dyslexia Games from Funschooling.com. It's amazing how much this brings me peace/calm. Even though I feel like I don't feel like I have time to sit down and color, it does amazing things for my brain to work on these books. 


Untitled 

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

This was a week with not a lot of going and seeing, but we did get to the LEGO store...

Untitled

It's always a fun time at the LEGO store


Untitled 

 

My favorite thing this week was...

Seeing glimpses of Fall outside and in the stores. I am looking forward to cooler days and fall activities.

Untitled 


My kids' favorite thing this week was...

I don't know if they had anything favorite this week. I always forget to ask them this question.

Things I'm working on...

Getting rid of the spray chalk on our grass. Remember that fun stuff we used for 4th of July? Well, it's not coming off. So, I'm hoping by growing the grass it will at least cover it up a little, and maybe get it to a point where we can cut it off. That means I have to water the lawn. It was pretty much dead, and it's so dry that I have to put the sprinkler on every morning. I think I finally see some green coming up! I have been watering everyday this week. It's going to be a long process.

Something I accomplished...

I finally got out my photo box that I checked out from the Library of Things. I LOVE this thing. I have always wanted to try one out. I decided to walk by the shelf at the library that has all the "library of things" to check out. This happened to be there. I was so excited to finally get a chance to try one out.

IMG_5044
Trying out a photo box that I checked out from the library

This is the result! Beautiful background and perfect lighting. One of these is definitely going on my wishlist.

IMG_5047 

 Also something I accomplished this week, building Severus Snape Brickheadz

IMG_5049

I love the library of things. We have discovered that trying things out before we buy is so good. And, sometimes we just want a one-time use also.


Untitled 

What we're reading...

We are currently on book 6 of Harry Potter, and listened to a lot of that this week. It has been so long since the first time I read book 6, that I don't remember most of what's happening. It's like I'm reading/listening for the first time. I am looking forward to the movie for this one too.

Movies/TV we watched... 

Interestingly we have not been watching a lot of movies/tv together lately.

Outdoor time...

A lot of our outdoor time was spent on yard work this week. We got a good portion of the back yard jungle weeded. There's still so much more to go!


I'm grateful for...

Experiences. Big or small, good or bad. I'm grateful for all experiences. They help me to learn and grow, and have made me the person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...