Monday, January 16, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: the new year is no longer new (2 weeks in!)

Untitled

Life this week...

I have felt as charged as that LEGO battery pictured above! Which means, no charge at all, really. It was another week that flew by faster than I could keep up, but so many good things happened too! We had a date night, made a new recipe, watched Avatar, and ate yummy tacos!

Homeschool this week...

I need to get refocused in our homeschool. We're still trying to pick up after the winter break, and it's hard to get back into full swing. We used a little more of The Thinking Tree Journals this week because it was needed. Those allow a little more freedom in what the children are learning because they can pick the topics. Hoping to dive into those a little more often the rest of this school year. Especially for Alex.

Mom-school this week...

I did my Duolingo Spanish lessons everyday this week and I'm up to a 101 day streak! I've been trying to sit down and read as often as I can. I am finding my before bedtime hours to be the best time for me. I enjoyed tea and reading by booklight to be very relaxing. 


Untitled 

Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

Alex started some new classes at a homeschool community school on Friday. He is doing a creative writing class and a tween hangout. He enjoyed his first day. Alex also tried the inflatable swim at a different pool for the first time. He said it was a lot of fun, but some parts were challenging. I enjoyed watching him from the bleachers.

Untitled

Some favorites from the week...

Building LEGO (mom), and getting boba (Alex) after new classes

Things I'm working on...

I was able to work on my 4 seasons cross-stitch project. I started the winter portion of the tree. I am wondering how many years it will take me at this rate that I'm going.


What we're reading...

We are currently listening to Harry Potter Book 7, and we started The Phantom Tollbooth for morning read-aloud time. I also picked this book up to read on my own, Skippack School. I had never read it and want to see if it's one that Alex will like.

 Untitled
 

Movies/TV we watched... 

I enjoyed at date night at home watching Avatar with the hubby. We are also working on The Lord of the Rings movies. We finished the first one and started on the 2nd one. Those are some long movies!

Outdoor time...

Unfortunately, I think we didn't get more than probably 15 minutes outside this week. A combination of not getting out on any of our hikes, the rain, not feeling well, and just unmotivated, left us inside pretty much all week. I need to get back outside this week.

Games we played...

We played Harry Potter themed Sequence, and I'm pretty sure we played Uno too.

 Untitled


I'm cooking/eating...

I made this Creamy Tuscan Sausage Pasta for dinner one night. It was delicious!

 Untitled Untitled

I'm grateful for...

Date nights with hubby, and the best tacos our town has to offer.


Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...