Monday, March 20, 2023

My weekly notebook: 3/11- 3/17


Life this week...

Sometimes the days, weeks, and even the months go by and it's all just a blur. I don't know what happened to the week, but I got to the end and realized I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted. So where did all the time go? I don't know. I keep blinking and the week is gone. That is why I like doing these posts to reflect. I often find more than I thought! Oh, now I remember! This week was pie day and St. Patrick's Day. That's where the week went, lol.

Mom-school this week... 

I learned from a short quiz that I'm a questioner. This is actually pretty spot on. It is one of the things that I do too much, question everything. I am doing the Mission Driven Mom Academy for my own personal growth and learning, and doing this survey was one of the things I completed this week.

Untitled

Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

We went on a field trip to see a play, The Phantom Tollbooth, at Corban University. It was very well done. That's a hard book to recreate in real life, and I think they did a phenomenal job. 

Untitled
Alex, Aric (not in the picture), and I were the ones who went.

Untitled Untitled


A few of our favorite things this week... 

We had 2 very fun "holidays" this week, St. Patrick's day and "Pi" day. We were able to get some donuts on Monday from Krispy Kreme and they had some special St. Patty's day ones. I was the only one who picked one out because I love things like this. No pictures of eating pie on pi day, but it was a delicious day as well!

Untitled

Movies/TV we watched... 

We watched The Mandalorian, the new episode for this week.

Outdoor time...

Unfortunately we didn't make it on either hike this week, so very little outdoor time. I am feeling it. Those hikes/outdoor times really make a difference.

Games we played...

I have been having fun with Solitaire chess during chess club. It is a version of chess that I can actually do!

 Untitled

LEGO... 

I made a small set of daffodils. I don't have the completed picture yet because I wanted to go take a fun picture outside with the completed flowers next to some real daffodils.

Untitled


I'm cooking/eating...

I made an Irish stew, garlic mashed potatoes and soda bread for St. Patrick's Day dinner.

 Untitled

Something that worked out great or didn't work out for us this week... 

This little shamrock/rainbow craft came together so well for our homeschool library group day. We decided to do some Ireland/St. Patrick's day themed activities and it all turned out so fun.

Untitled

Other thoughts from the week... 

I almost forgot to share about the boys' trip to the dunes last weekend. Dad took Aaron and Alex for a few nights to camp and play in the dunes with the 4-wheelers. They had a good time. I stayed home with Aric. We had some fun too watching Star Wars and staying warm.

Untitled Untitled

 

I'm grateful for...

The comfort I find in reading good books and just reading itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...