Sunday, May 21, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: Camping, LEGO school, and fun socks

 

Life this week...

I have visions of summer time fun dancing in my head. Now that it's nice I just wanna go outside and play all day. We had our first camping trip of the season this week. It was only one night and it was only half our family, but it was still a blast and makes me want more. I can hardly wait for our next one. Until then hopefully we'll get a lot of fun day trips in.

  Untitled  

Homeschool this week... 

We had some fun with our new BricQ Motion Prime set from LEGO Education. We started with the first lesson called "pass the ball". It consisted of building a mechanism or 2 that could pass a ball and possibly catch it. We each picked a design from the first page and built it. Then we passed the ball back and forth on the table. It turned out to be a super fun lesson that Alex really enjoyed.

Untitled Untitled Untitled

Mom-school this week...

There's not been much studying or reading by me this week, and boy can I tell a difference when I don't do much for my own learning and growth! My inspiration and motivation goes way down, and it's hard to get myself focused on school with the kids. I am hoping to do better this week. Here is a picture of my sigfig (significant minifigure) portraying what I should be doing, ha ha.

 Untitled

Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

We went to the Newport zoo as part of our camping trip. It was an interesting place with a lot of really cool animals. I will probably do a post about this field trip soon, but here's one picture of Alex holding one of the alligators. Or was it a crocodile? I just can't remember. I should really learn the difference someday.

Untitled

A few of our favorite things this week... 

Alex really enjoyed driving his rock crawler everywhere. He was also thrilled to find a trailer that he'd been wanting to buy at a little RC shop at the coast while we were camping.

Untitled

Something I accomplished... 

I made this LEGO flower vase out of a ton of purple LEGO pieces. I love how it turned out. I got the idea from our local LEGO store. It was so easy to make!

Untitled 

Outdoor time...

I am really excited for some new backyard items that I got for Mother's Day. A propane fire pit and some new chairs and tables. Now to transform the backyard into a place where I want to sit and relax.

 Untitled Untitled

Games we played...

We played lots of Uno and last weekend we played Star Wars Monopoly with Grogu.

 Untitled

LEGO...

On Instagram there is a huge community of adult LEGO fans and this past week was the Disney habitat challenge (habitats that feature different characters and stories from favorite Disney movies). I decided to participate and here are my 3 finished habitats. I enjoyed making these and it was definitely a challenge. I think they turned out pretty good this time around.

 Untitled


I'm cooking/eating...

I made biscuits and gravy for breakfast on Saturday morning. I love cooking a bigger breakfast on mornings I have time to. 

Other thoughts from the week... 

This is exactly how I have felt all week. I love fun socks!

Untitled

 

I'm grateful for...

Many, many chances to do better and start over in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...