Monday, July 8, 2024

Books I finished--June 2024

 

 

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

 I listened to this book for book club. Although I've started and tried to read it a few times previously, I was glad to have a reason to really push myself to read it this time. It was not what I expected! There's a bit of time travel, monsters, children with powers (peculiarities), and very hard to face realities of life. I also watched the movie after finishing it. Overall it was enjoyable, but I did find myself slogging through at times. It didn't grab my attention as much as I hoped it would. Probably why it took me a few times to get started.


 

Wife No. 19 by Anne Eliza Young

I forgot to grab a picture of the physical book before I returned it to the library but I did end up getting a digital version since I hadn't yet finished it, so this is the picture of one of the pages of the digital version. 

This book is an autobiography of Anne Eliza Young's experience with polygamy and being the 19th wife of the prophet of the Mormon church in the late 1900's. It's written to bring light to the reality of polygamy and the difficulties that the wives and families faced. Overall this was a hard book to read for many reasons, but very informative and eye opening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Books I finished--August 2024

I finished one book in August. I was hoping for at least two, but I was happy to have finished this one at least. I do have several going ri...