Monday, October 14, 2024

My Weekly Notebook: Week 41

 

 

Life this week...

The leaves are starting to get really pretty around here. Makes me just want to be outside all hours of the day. I love this time of year. I'm really trying to enjoy the present moments because time just seems to be on warp 10 lately and those moments are gone in the blink of an eye. So, enjoying the moments and worrying less, easy right?   

Homeschool this week...

I discovered this week when I wanted to print a math worksheet for Alex that all of my subscriptions had ended for my favorite websites. It's tough to decide if I want to renew right now because we are almost grown out of most of them that stop at about the 6th grade level. There is always Teachers Pay Teachers of course, which I love.

Mom-school this week...

I decided to try my hand at doing an Inktober daily prompt. The day I did this, the prompt was "snack". I drew a Pringles can because it seemed like an easy enough thing to draw.


Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We decided to go to the drive-in with some friends and there was a beautiful sunset while we waited for the movie to start.

Things I'm working on...

 I decided to grow some herbs again. I am starting with cilantro and they are starting to come up.


Something I accomplished...

I accidently bought a bag of hot peppers that I thought were regular bell peppers. So, I had to do something with them! I finally got around to pickling them. I need to remember to wear gloves next time. My hands burned for a long time after that.



Movies/TV we watched... 

We watched the new Beetlejuice Beetlejuice movie, and Batman (1989) at the drive-in on Friday night.

Outdoor time...

We got about 14 ish hours outside this week! The drive-in really helped bump that number up!

Games we played...

Rummikub!


 

LEGO...

I really love to participate in the online LEGO community on Instagram. They have these challenges on certain days where you post a picture that relates to the theme or challenge. On Mondays it's Minifig Mug Monday, so I posted a picture of my mug with some halloween themed minifigs. It's one of my favorite challenges to participate in.

 

I'm grateful for... 

I'm grateful for the perfect weather we've had this weekend, sunny and mid 70's for a high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

My Weekly Notebook: Week 41

    Life this week... The leaves are starting to get really pretty around here. Makes me just want to be outside all hours of the day. I lov...