Friday, July 26, 2013

Homemade edible floam

Update:  My friend Lisa that taught me how to make this has posted a recipe for this on her blog.  She explains exactly how to pop the amaranth which is very helpful.  You can find her recipe at her blog The Pratt Family.

Yes, we are back!  And, the kids won't be going off to school in the fall after all.  It's a long story that I might write about in another post...someday.  But, for now all is well, and I'm happy to say that we'll still be homeschooling.

Today we made floam.  Homemade, edible floam.  It was a lot of fun.  My Amaranth was old, so I'm not sure it really "popped" right.  The kids played with it for a while.  They took one nibble and said it tastes like their favorite cookies.  But the amaranth was too crunchy.  I've got to figure out how to cook it right.

I can't take credit for this, but it's made from peanut butter, honey, and amaranth.  I don't really know the measurements.  We just added a few big scoops of pb, and probably about a half cup of honey.  I think it needed more pb to be a bit sticker, but it seemed about right.  A good friend of mine that we knew several years ago taught me how to make this when we went over to their house to play.  It was in our first year of homeschooling.  I couldn't believe how clever she was.  I have to admit that I haven't seen this anywhere else on-line.  I don't know if she made it up, or where it came from.  But I am always thankful to her for showing me this.

IMG_3905 IMG_3908 IMG_3909 IMG_3911

Let me know if you try to make it!

 Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...