Saturday, September 29, 2018

My weekly notebook: outdoors, hot pot, and paint chips

Life this week...

I am suddenly very interested in the colors of all the houses in the neighborhood. I found myself looking around several times this week. We even drove around today (on a whim) after we had tentatively decided on a color, and found that we don't really like that color (or one very similar) on a whole house as much as we thought. This is a hard decision! And a first for both of us.

Reviews we are working on...

I just found out that we'll be doing a violin review. We haven't started yet, and I have yet to obtain a violin for the student, but I'm pretty excited for this one!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...
It was another busy week of running around. We had our usual co-op on Wednesday. You can see pictures of something they did this week in my last post. We also do Thursday's out at the charter school for some class time, and a check-in. The 2 big kids have classes and study hall that they both want to be at. The 2 younger kids don't dig it as much so I only make them go to the first class and for the 2nd week in a row we went to a local park to enjoy some outdoor time. It was lovely weather, and this park is just amazing. There are picnic benches, a river, a playground, lots of trees, and it just feels like nature. There is even a volleyball net! I brought some things to work on and read, but I wasn't prepared with as much as I wanted to be. I would have loved to do some of the boys' lessons, but couldn't get the books together in time. So, they did whatever...

Played in the river, and did some rock jumping..

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

 Ate lunch, played a new game that we picked up at the school that morning.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I sat down and looked at some paint chips. Being outside with all the natural light was awesome. It helped me sort some colors out and definitely elminate some.


Untitled



My favorite thing this week was...

Enjoying some hot pot for dinner with the family (and 2 of April's friends) on Saturday night. Yum!

Untitled
Untitled





My kids' favorite thing this week was...

Aaron was so excited all week for a fun trip with his co-op Life Science class. They went to hike Smith Rock, the lava tubes, and geode hunting. He came home, and said it was awesome. I'm pretty sure it was his favorite.

Untitled


I'm grateful for...

The extra days of sunshine and warmth we've had as fall has set in. I needed a little extra dry days to get the pool down, and the sunshine has just been wonderful.

IMG_2959http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photos-hands-hold-tablet-pc-blog-word-wooden-background-image40494303

That wraps up our week! I am linking this up to The Homeschool Blog Link Up with the review crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...