Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Blogging Through the Alphabet: P is for Pool Games


abcblogbutton2

This post is actually going to be kind of a tribute to our pool fun for the summer because as I write this I am in the process of draining our pool to put away for the cold months. It's already too cold to swim in with the cooler evenings, and the heater no longer works (a leak). So, I'm happy to say that we really enjoyed our pool this summer, and I look forward to having it up again next summer.

For those of you with some warmth still and a warm pool here are some fun ideas for you!

We had many different combinations of people in the pool over the summer, but we got the whole family in it one evening for a family swim. That was a blast, and I wish we had done it more.

Untitled

I thought it would be fun to have some games prepared for next time we did the family swim, so I did a quick search on Pinterest to see what I could find. There are quite a few fun things! As it was, for that evening swim, we played some just quick games like beach ball volleyball which was difficult in a small pool. The funnest game that we came up with last minute was just forming a circle in the pool with the beach ball, and seeing how many times we could pass it around without it falling in the water. That was fun.

Untitled

Mostly though we just played around, and enjoyed being in the pool all at the same time.

Homemade Pool Games 
When I had some time later I decided to make some of the homemade pool games I had searched on Pinterest that evening of the family swim just for the littles to play with anytime they got bored in the pool. A Ping Pong target practice game found at Paging Fun Mums was my first choice. I had all the supplies on hand.

This game was super simple to make. You know that foam grip shelf liner stuff? It floats amazingly. I happened to have a whole roll of it from a previous use. So, I cut a few squares out to make a few targets, found some ping pong balls, and rounded up the sharpie markers.
 
Untitled

I like how they turned out. I think the ping pong balls might have been a little light, and harder to get on the target, but they definitely work.

Untitled

I wanted to try a little heavier of a ball though just to see. So, I decided to check the dollar store for those water balls that soak up the water so you can throw them at something or someone. They worked pretty good too. The sling shot was a bonus that came with the squishy balls. There weren't really many water fun toys left at the dollar store since it's the end of the season, so I took what I could find. Later, I had Alex get in the very cold pool (he was willing until he realized how cold it was), and he tried it out for me. It was fun, and I think he enjoyed it. It's harder with the sling shot for sure.

Untitled
Untitled
abcblogging2

That wraps up this blogging through the alphabet with the Letter P edition. You can join me and these other co-hosts with your own Letter P post too! Check out what they've done, and add your link below.



1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...