Wednesday, September 11, 2019

The Oregon Garden: Homeschool Day

We had a lovely visit to The Oregon Garden for homeschool day. It turned out to be perfect weather. I seriously considered whether or not I wanted to go when it was forecasting 85 for the high, but the morning turned out to be overcast and almost a bit cool. We left just after lunch when it started to warm up. All the flowers seemed to pop with color.

Untitled

The children's garden was sweet.

Untitled

Untitled
UntitledUntitled

Untitled

We went with friends, and the kids just had a great time together. All the boys in our group just loved the felting station including my 3.

Untitled
Untitled

The forest station.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I am fascinated by cattails. I remember as a child thinking they were just a weird plant. I never knew what they were, or why they looked like they did. I'm now wiser with the many nature studies we've done with them. Knowledge is wonderful. I wish I had realized I could learn more about them when I was younger just by looking it up. For some reason that never occurred to me! I always just wondered.

Untitled

That wraps up our visit to The Oregon Garden! We got our fill for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...