Saturday, May 9, 2020

My weekly notebook: Nothing much happened

Life this week...

Some weeks are jam-packed with a ton of stuff, and some weeks are just so so. This was one of those weeks that was just so so, and I'm left scratching my head wondering what we did all week because it just didn't feel like much. We did get a lunch date in this week though! It was on Monday. We went to Popeye's for lunch, ate in the car, and then went to Winco for groceries. The company and the food was so good!

Untitled

Homeschool this week...

One of the fun things we did for school was playing this "race to 100 game." We originally learned about it from Alex's Dimensions math book, but we still play it once in a while because it's great for review. Basically, you race to 100 by rolling a dice, collecting ones, trading those for 10's until you reach 100.

Untitled

We both won once. Maybe we'll have to go higher next time. Like 1,000!

Untitled

Also, we still have many pieces of curriculum that we haven't used yet since receiving all our new curriculum in January from Timberdoodle. Alex finally tried his new typing program out for the first time. He really enjoyed it.

Untitled


Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Mother's day is this weekend so Alex and I ventured out to Bauman Farms to see what kind of hanging baskets they have. We were able to walk through their whole section of hanging baskets and found so many beautiful varieties. I wanted them all. It was just so beautiful. But, we picked just one out for me for Mother's Day. He absolutely loved all the flowers. His love of flowers and gardens is refreshing and impresses me. I told him today that I think he'll have a beautiful garden one day. He's always the one begging me to get plants at the store or plant seeds or start a garden.

Untitled

This is not actually the one we ended up taking home, but it was pretty so we got a picture. Actually, I think we were thinking about this one, but we decided on a different one. We didn't get a picture of it, yet. When I get it up in front of our house I will. After our trip to Bauman's we went and picked up some flowers from the Bishop of our ward at church and a list of Mother's to deliver them to. We drove around and left them on their doorstep! It was so nice to get out and spread some love.

Untitled



My favorite thing this week was...

Creating a fun Star Wars day for my family.

I'm cooking...

I had some lemons that needed to be used up (a whole Costco bag of them), and April said lemon bars sounded good so I decided to make 2 batches of lemon bars. One gluten-free and one regular. They turned out delicious even though I forgot some of the butter in April's crust (oops, sometimes you lose track of measurements when you're trying to do it twice). April was able to freeze a good portion of hers so she can have some for later, and the rest of us devoured the non-gluten free ones. So yummy!

Untitled
Lemon bars made with flour

Lemon bars made with gluten-free flour.
That wraps up our week! Happy Mother's Day to you (if you are celebrating)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...