Sunday, December 13, 2020

Christmas Ornaments 2020

IMG_4421 


I'm a little late for this Christmas ornament challenge because we just got our tree up a few days ago. I'm thankful to finally have it up and as I say every year, it finally feels like Christmas at our house! Here are a few of our newest ornament additions from the past few years. We get the kids each a new ornament for the year that reflects something they like at the time or enjoyed from the past year. I usually let them pick, but it depends on the year. Sometimes I surprise them! They all have a pretty good collection of ornaments that they be able to take with them when they have grown and leave the nest. 

IMG_4414

Mickey and Minnie Mouse 2019 (Alex): Alex picked this ornament out last year from the Disney store. It's big and fragile, but he loves it.

IMG_4415

Patriotic Snoopy 2020 (Mom, me): This is my ornament choice for this year. (Mom and Dad get new ornaments each year too!). 

IMG_4416

Ramen bowl 2018 (Aaron): This one is Aaron's (who's now 14) because he loves to make and eat ramen. I can't remember if he picked this one out or if I did. Either way this is totally him (still).

IMG_4418

Forky (from Toy Story 4) 2019 (Mom, me): Everyone in my family knows how much I like the character Forky. This is what I picked for 2019.

IMG_4419

Harry Potter 2017 (Aric): Our 2nd resident Harry Potter fan is Aric. He was reading the books over and over again at the time he received this ornament. It's one he chooses to put on the tree every year. Each kid has so many ornaments that they can't put them all up so I tell them to pick a few of their favorites.

IMG_4420

Dr. Who Police Box 2017 (Aaron): When Aaron received this ornament he was watching through the Dr. Who episodes with his Dad. 

IMG_4422

Best Big Sister 2008 (April): This was given to April when Aaron was about 2. She was still pretty new at the big sister thing at that time!

IMG_4423

White Lace Heart (unknown year received) Mom: I received this heart ornament from the ladies organization at church called Relief Society. I didn't write the year on it, so I can't remember when, but I have had it for many years. Maybe a decade?

IMG_4424

Green dinosaur 2020 (Alex): This is the ornament Alex picked out for this year. He found it at Al's Garden Center where they always have a beautiful holiday/Christmas display every year. He loves dinosaurs, still.

Untitled

There are so many more ornaments that I love, but we'll stop here. Outside. We have some new decor outside including some giant ornaments. Baby Yoda is new too! I love Christmas decorations! 

I am joining The Homeschool Review Crew for the December social media challenge. 

1-December-2020-Review-Crew-Social-Media-Challenge

6 comments:

  1. You have some very cute ornaments for your tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a couple of ornaments I have go out and find!! My kids and I are Doctor Who fans--I made a Tardis from salt dough one year LOL but I think it broke. My son loves dinosaurs he would love it if I found him one, now I have a mission maybe I will make a felt one. I love your decorations and it is so much fun to look at them and reflect on the memories as we hang them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find a dinosaur one! I still have a few family members that have to pick theirs this year, but I know as it gets closer to Christmas the pickings get slimmer at the stores. I had my eye on some felt animal ornaments that we're going to make this year. Felt is a great idea!

      Delete
  3. I love the Snoopy one and the Tardis. Very cool. My tree has a few Snoopy ones that are my moms and a K-9 ornament.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...