Sunday, December 27, 2020

Peppermint candy cane fun

 Every year I have tons of candy canes leftover.

Here is the almost full box this year. So, that means I need to figure out what to do with them. I don't care to eat them. I can handle maybe one and that's it! Peppermint is too strong for me. Not to mention the great amount of sugar involved.

Untitled

I was thinking about how to use these up and decided to go through the past years Christmas pictures to see what we have done in the past. I also did a pinterest search to see what other ideas I could find.

First I will share what I've done this year and in years past. 

Untitled

This year I discovered a game to play with a deck of playing cards and candy canes called The Candy Cane Game. We played it, but only 2 of us wanted to play that night. It was okay, but got very tedious and boring with only 2 of us. It's definitely a group game. I think it would be awesome with all of us so we'll probably try it again this year with the whole family before the season's over.

Untitled

A few years ago we tried a game called candy cane snag. A twist on the game of tag. This was a fun outside game. Another group game for sure! I think my favorite part was walking around with candy canes taped on my shirt. 

Untitled

A few years ago I made a "candy cane forest" for the kids to find one day. I used fake candy canes, but I could see this being a fun project or creation for decorations or just for fun.

That's it! I don't really have a lot we've actually done. At least for how far I went back in pictures and my memory. Soooo...

Pinterest candy cane activities I'd like to try:

There are endless candy cane ideas out there, but my focus on these activities is to use up those extra candy canes! And, in ways that doesn't involve eating them (mostly). Do you like peppermint candy canes? What do you do with them?

I am participating in the Homeschool Review Crew's December challenge, Peppermint week.

1-December-2020-Review-Crew-Social-Media-Challenge

1 comment:

  1. oh! What fun with Candy canes. I could totally see Candy cane snag being a hoot to play. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...