Friday, January 15, 2021

Today

Some thoughts from an ordinary Friday...

I ordered some freeze dried Thrive Life and it arrived today! I have been thinking about getting into freeze dried food for a few years now, but wasn't sure if we'd like it or if the kids would really go for it. Then, Michele started watching some tube videos about freeze dried food for camping trips, and it all looked so good and easy to use. I ordered some from Thrive because a few friends sell it, and I've always wanted to try it. I've only opened the strawberries so far, but yum! I just want to sit and eat the whole can. I keep coming back to it, and it's good every time. I am excited to try the apples soon. I think I might really like eating/cooking with freeze dried food!

Untitled

The Animal Lover's Funschooling Journal. The simplicity of these books is wonderful. It's a breath of fresh air some homeschool days. Alex is very interested in animals, so he has started this Journal, and works on this page each time. Coloring and labeling 2 animals. He's not big into coloring, so we take the coloring pages a bit slower. It's fun to see the animals he picks each day. Today was a bee and monkey.

Untitled

He also read aloud Koala Lou by Mem Fox to me as part of his Animal Journal reading time. Getting him to read books lately has been like pulling teeth because he has declared that he doesn't like reading anymore. We will keep reading anyway! He still enjoys picture books quite a bit, so that's good I guess. 

Untitled

These arrived in the mail today! Some free swag from the review crew/Schoolhouseteachers.com. It was a bonus for the end of last year's crew run. I love bags. And I love mugs. 

Untitled

We have had these wrap-ups for years, but they haven't been pulled out a lot. We just keep forgetting about them. In fact, we have a lot of manipulatives that we just don't use a lot, so I've decided that we just need to start pulling them out more. I found a fun way to challenge the kids to get really good at their facts, and fast at the wrap-ups using a printable from Plan for Awesome. It was a great challenge. Alex wasn't sure and quite resistant at being timed at first, but after the first few rounds he saw he was getting faster, and decided he wanted to start beating his times. He did -1 today and I think his quickest time was 23 seconds.

Untitled

That's a wrap for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...