Sunday, April 23, 2023

My Weekly Notebook

 

Life this week... 

I hurt myself trying to get LEGO pieces off of a mosaic that I started but decided to abandon because I didn't like it. So, I put on some gloves. It was amazing how quickly I was able to get the pieces off once I had those on! Too bad I wasted so much time struggling (and I cut my finger) before I finally tried it! I might have actually got a mosaic done tonight if it weren't for the struggle. Isn't that the story of life? Stop struggling and put the gloves on!

 Untitled

Homeschool this week...

Aric pulled out his Mand Labs Electrical kit one day for science and worked on this board. I don't really understand what's going on here, but he explained it all showing me how he puts the wires in different holes to make the LED light up. I love it when my kiddos do that. I love to see them get excited about the things they are learning.

Untitled

I also started a new Tuttle Twins book with Alex. Messed up Market. These are great books.

  Untitled

Mom-school this week...

I have been really feeling the need to get creative this week, but haven't had time. That means that I'm definitely not doing enough of my own personal learning and growth for myself. I think I will make it a point to get to that next week.


Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

Alex and I went to the Tulip Festival that a local farm holds every year. It's been a few years since we've been, and it didn't disappoint, as usual. I will probably make a full blog post about this.

Untitled

Alex and Aric spent the night in a yurt for a friend's birthday party. I think they had a good time, and when I came to pick them up they were at the range doing axe throwing and archery so I got to watch them for a bit.

Untitled


Something I accomplished...

I worked on putting all of my dots for mosaics in a different kind of storage/organization bin. These will be nice that the individual compartments come out for easy access. 


Untitled 

What we're reading...

We started The Princess and the Goblin this week for our read-aloud. We'll see how this book goes.

Outdoor time...

We reached our 100 hours outside mark! I am excited we got to do a fire pit night this week. 

Untitled

LEGO... 

I enjoyed making these cute little figures from this pastel fun classic LEGO set.

Untitled Untitled


I'm grateful for...

The forecast for next week, warmer days! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...