Saturday, September 9, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: week 36

 

Life this week...

This past week and a few days was a doozy. It was the start of a new month, a new school year, a camping trip, two special field trip days to homeschool events, and lots of back to school preparation. I'm still getting some things ready to go for the new school year, but I feel like we do have a good start so far.

Homeschool this week...

It has been fun getting new classes and curriculum organized for the new school year, but also hard on the brain so that was most of our focus for the week. We did get some math, history, and reading done.

Mom-school this week... 

I colored this during our camping trip. Coloring can be so therapeutic. It slows you down enough to think and ponder things. I am working on being better at seeing colors too.

Untitled


Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

As I said earlier we had a lot of outings this week. Aside from the ones I shared already here are the other ones. 

We rode to Dutch Bros on the "first day" of homeschool. Got some PE, a break, and some fun to celebrate a new school year.

Untitled

We had a "back to school" park/picnic day for Village Home. It's exciting to be joining VH at the beginning of the school year. We are looking forward to the adventures it will bring.

Untitled


A few of our favorite things this week... 

I am starting on the fall/halloween decor! I love it. Makes the house look so festive. I can't wait to get the rest out of storage!

Untitled

 

What we're reading... 

I am reading this book Oregon Myths & Legends, and I decided to read the chapter about Bigfoot while we were camping one night around the campfire. I found it interesting as I have never really known the official origins of bigfoot or sasquatch so I learned a lot. I thought it would be good for the kids to hear too.

 Untitled Untitled

 

Movies/TV we watched... 

I am currently watching Once Upon a Time on Disney +. We watched some Stranger Things too (I am watching that with Alex). 

Outdoor time...

Our camping trip put is well over 400 hours! 

Games we played...

Alex taught me a new way to play tic-tac-toe. It was a fun new twist, and I still lost!

 Untitled

LEGO... 

One of the build challenges I gave Alex this week was to build a number 7 for his 7th grade year. I also built a 16 for my 16th year of homeschooling kids.

Untitled Untitled


I'm cooking/eating...

Date night I got to eat delicious Curry Beef at Chen's Family Dish. It was delicious and a nice break from cooking this weekend.

 Untitled

I'm grateful for...

Service projects. Big or small, I think helping others or the community is such a blessing to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...