Sunday, October 1, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: Week 39

 


Life this week...

I saw a video this week of a family that bought an old school and made it their home. Now I want an old school. How cool would that be?! I could only imagine all the space for all these homeschool books and rooms we could use for various projects. It would be so nice. Imagine a life where the table could stay clear for dinner because there are five other tables in the house to clutter up! There was even a pool in one of the rooms.  

The table always looks like this. We hardly ever eat at the table anymore. I know this needs to change!

Homeschool this week...

We started some big art projects. Alex started this slow stitched polar bears kit. He got the first layer on. There are more layers and then some stitching to finish. Excited to see how this one comes out!



Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Not a lot of places we went due to Alex being sick most of the week. Alex missed all his classes and a teen outing. Aric did get to go on the teen lunch outing and he had drums. We did manage to get to the pumpkin patch/harvest festival at the end of the week.

A few of our favorite things this week...

I asked Alex what his favorite thing from the week was, he said being home. Of course, I think all my boys would never leave the house if I let them.

Things I'm working on...

Getting more pictures of myself on outings. Not because I absolutely love how I look, but because I need to feel more comfortable being on camera and not worrying about what I look like.


Something I accomplished...

I made and delivered pumpkin banana bread. It's so delicious and I think the recipients were happy with some bread too.


What we're reading...

I found myself driving for a few hours this week by myself so I listened to this book, The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down by Haemin Sunim. Lots of great advice for being mindful and finding peace.


Movies/TV we watched... 

Currently on the 5th Harry Potter movie. 


Other thoughts from the week...

Having Honey Powder is great to have on hand. I love that I can make just what I need and the honey won't get all hard before I can use it.


I'm grateful for...

The month of October. So much fun to be had this month!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...