Tuesday, February 6, 2024

My Weekly Notebook week 5: February is here!

 


Life this week...

It's the start of a new month. The one with pink hearts and pink blossoms, and hints of spring coming just around the corner. We had a few warm days this week, and boy did it feel like spring was coming early. Of course it was just a tease. We'll be back to our regularly scheduled rainy/gray days now. But, good news, I think the groundhog predicted an early spring here, so yay! If you believe an animal can make such predictions we're in for a treat, right? We'll see...

Homeschool this week...

The Friendly Chemistry curriculum we are using this year is awesome. There are some great tools and labs to go along with the lessons, and the lessons are easy to understand. I'm even getting a great refresher on everything. This weeks lesson includes learning the electron arrangement of an atom using the doo-wop board. 

Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

We went to all the usuals this week classes, teen hangout, etc. I snapped this picture of some blossoms I caught in between classes at Village Home. 

Things I'm working on...

I'm working on getting outside everyday. It's hard to do when it's wet and rainy and cold, but I'm always proud of myself if I can get out even just for 15 minutes. I need to create more reasons to be outside.


Random things the kids worked on... 

Alex learned quilling in his 3D art class. He did awesome. Made his first name initial. I'm a little jealous because I've always wanted to try quilling, but haven't sat down to do it yet. I was so proud of him for trying this new thing. 

Something I accomplished...

I spent most of the week planning and prepping the house for hosting mom's night. The house still wasn't perfect, but I think I did okay and only panicked a few times. Ended up having 6 ladies join me for a soup dinner and LEGO building night. Sadly the only picture I got was of my clean table. 

What we're reading...

We are still reading The Princess and the Goblin. I have been trying to get our morning basket time going again. We were pretty good about reading most mornings this week. The purple ball is for fidgeting and tossing around. Some of the other things we read this week: A Shakespeare from Classic Poetry, and Marie's Words to learn some new words. We also continued our  Picasso study.

 
 
Outdoor time...

I went for a walk with a friend at Silver Falls and helped hubby with fixing something on the car.

Games we played... 

We started to play Calico, but got as far as punching all the pieces out and ran out of time. Hopefully we can try again next week. 

LEGO... 

I had fun rebuilding our small Legoland set to create a sigfig scene for Instagram. I enjoyed building and taking pictures of it. 

Other thoughts from the week... 

I decided to bring back the white board on the fridge drawing challenge. It has been fun to see what pops up there. 

I'm grateful for...

Today I am grateful for the extra time I get with my kids because we homeschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...