Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Top 10 list: Roller Skating lessons (as an adult)

 

A picture of me after the lesson in the snack area. I wanted to catch the retro wall colors.

Ten things I have learned taking roller skating lessons and roller skating as an adult...

1. My balance and reflexes aren't what they used to be, but I feel like I am getting better each week.

2. When I am skating during the open skate and someone in front of me is about to fall it's hard not to almost fall myself, even if I was completely fine.

3. Roller skating is the most full body workout ever.

4. I'm afraid to go down, but not so afraid that it keeps me from continuing.

 5. My #1 goal is to stay up.

My LEGO sigfig (minifigure that is me) has roller skates because I love it so much.

 

6. Backwards skating is really, really, really hard for me. Especially when I get any kind of speed going.

7. I still love skating just as much as I did when I was a kid. Maybe even more.

8. Skating with another mom friend is the best.

9. There are some really talented people (adults) on that skate floor!

10. Someday I want to get my own pair of skates again, but for now the rentals work great.

The groovy rental skates


1 comment:

  1. The sigfig is cool! I'm glad you're taking lessons and that you enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...