Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Alexander's 3rd birthday

Here I am behind again!  It is for a good reason!  Life has turned upside down over here, but more on that later.  I've had this post in the works for a few weeks, so it's time to get to it.

Alexander turned 3!
Happy Birthday!!

I loved how his very green and yellow tractor birthday turned out.  I threw it together very quickly, and at the last minute.  For some reason I felt it should be done on his birthday, and not wait until mid-January like I was originally planning.  Now I know why!  So glad this happened when it did.

Here he is on the morning of his party (December 30th, 2013). He was one happy kid with a tractor theme!  He couldn't get enough of that yellow tractor balloon.

image

I loved that we already had so many John Deere tractor toys that I could decorate the mantle with them!

IMG_5351

IMG_5353

IMG_5355

The party favors.
I made some "tractor" cookies in a jar for each family, and had some goodie bags for the kids.
That cookies in a jar project was almost a complete fail.  I think I hit almost every possible road block, and failure with those things.  Just glad I was able to pull them together!  They were supposed to have only yellow and green m&m's, oh well!

IMG_5356

Tractor cupcakes!

IMG_5357

I'm so glad these were so simple to make because those jars about did me in :-)

IMG_5359

April made this big # 3 for Alex using washi tape and stickers.  It really helped him to understand what number he is now.  I think he just figured out he was 2 like a few months ago.

IMG_5361

One tractor party complete with farm scene out back.  I thought that was pretty perfect.
So glad we didn't get rid of our chicken coop!

IMG_5362

Opening presents...

IMG_5363

Getting ready to blow out the candle!

IMG_5365

Everybody singing, mostly.

IMG_5367

One of the times I'm thankful for a huge picnic table!

IMG_5368

He didn't want to get near the flame.

IMG_5369

Time to get a little closer.

IMG_5370

The whole gang.  I was so glad that some friends could join us!

IMG_5373

For dinner we went Red Robin for his birthday dinner as a family.
He didn't quite know what to think about the servers singing to him.
I think he thought it was a little odd.
He never touched his sunday either.
Weird kid.
Oh well, he had a super fun BIRTHDAY!


image


Desiree

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so fun, I'm sad we missed it. Happy birthday Alex! Hope you guys are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...