Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday...

image
I should explain myself before I get started with my thankfuls.  I vaguely mentioned that something was up in my last post and that I was thankful that I got Alex's party done on his birthday...Well, long story short Michele is on the road to getting back surgery here in the next few weeks.  His back really got tweaked last month when he went swimming, and if you know him that's not unusual.  What's unusual is that it's not getting better this time.  He pretty much cannot do anything right now except lay down.  So that's what he's been doing for the past 2-3 weeks, but even in just the last 7 days it has gotten even worse.  He has a hard time getting comfortable just lying down.  He can hardly walk without support either.

With that said, it's been rough for me being the only able body parent right now.  But, I'm thankful that he has finally found a Dr. that would help him.  I'm thankful he finally got in to get an MRI to look at his back.  I'm thankful he is going to finally have this surgery to hopefully help his back.  I'm thankful that I was able to clear our schedule of most everything so I can be available when this surgery happens, and afterward.  I'm thankful for the dinner that was brought to us on Monday night of this week, with a note that said "because sometimes it's just nice to know someone cares."  I'm thankful for that sweet friend who wrote that note and brought us dinner at just the perfect time, the time when I was starting to panic and wonder if I could do all this by myself and if anybody cared.  I'm thankful that I am able to take care of my family right now.  I'm thankful for the prayers the kids say everyday for Daddy's back.  I'm thankful for those beautiful flowers pictured above which also came with our dinner.

Desiree

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry life has been so rough at your house! Thankful with you that he is getting the help he needs now. It is so hard to be the only able-bodied parent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are going through all of that. Hope the surgery is successful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...