Thursday, August 22, 2019

My School Year (A REVIEW)


One thing that I feel I am good at in our homeschool is planning. I love to plan and I love a good planner to do it with. Now I've never been much of an online planner, I just love having a physical copy in front of me. But, I've tried it a few times, and the ease of just clicking a few things to put in lesson plans, schedules, and much more is very appealing. I was given the opportunity to try out the Annual Membership Plan for My School Year Homeschool Record Keeping and see if an online planner might work for me this year. It was a bit tricky to set up, but I could see the potential benefits of using this for keeping records and tracking our homeschool.

myschoolyear2
The Homepage for My School Year


This is a completely online homeschool planner, so it is accessible from any computer with an internet connection. As I mentioned I received the annual subscription, so I will have access to it until my year is up (next year around this time). I can add as many students as I need that are in grades K-12, and all their lessons activities and even chores. It can also keep track of attendance, grades, calendar, transcripts, and more for each student as well. I like that this planner not only keeps track of the daily stuff but the long term as well.

To get started with My School Year there is a lot of setup to do before it can be used in a helpful way. But after that initial set-up, it can be easy to add things, copy things over to multiple children, and view things in a calendar. It's a long process that, I suggest, begins with watching tutorials on YouTube because you have to create the terms, input all the students, their subjects, activities, and chores, and many more details. The whole process was a little bit daunting and tedious for me, which is why I love my paper planner. I can just write things down and not have to figure out all the hoops I need to get through first, but if you don't mind taking the time to figure it all out it can be a great resource.

myschoolyear
Setting the term up is helpful to see how the days are broken down.
I have to admit that I'm still not a fan of online planners, but I do like the idea of using both for different reasons. My School Year even has a blog post about this. Sometimes it's nice not to have to rewrite things over and over again, and then have to keep track of papers forever. Entering some things into a program that lays it all out nicely can be a huge benefit and time saver. With My School Year, you can do so much, or you can just use it a little. I like the flexibility My School Year has, and that it's a place where I can have a permanent record of our homeschool if I choose to, or I can just use it for some daily/weekly assignment tracking.

If you'd like to see what other Review Crew members had to say about My School Year Homeschool Record Keeping you can click on the banner below:


Annual Membership Homeschool Record Keeping  {My School Year Homeschool Record Keeping Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...