Monday, August 5, 2019

Weekly Notebook: Last week, Harry potter, summer fun

Life this week...

Let's just say burying myself in a book series like Harry Potter sounds like a pretty good getaway from the mundane right now. But, I don't have time to read those books currently, so we get to enjoy fun events where we can pretend like we are in the world of HP and then I can feel like I just read them.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled


Homeschool this week...

Pretty much the only "schoolish" thing we did this week was cooking. Aric has been trying to perfect his gummy making skills. Last time was almost a fail. This time I think he got it just about perfect. He made a giant Lego mini-fig gummy the size of a large dinner plate. Is this my favorite cooking activity? No. But, I let him have at it just once in a while since he has such a great desire to make these things. Only once in a while though. He will not be making gummies for a long time. Too messy!

Untitled

Reviews we are working on...  

Too many! I am feeling the burn out of taking too many reviews on during the summer. We just want to play, and I feel bad for playing when I know we have reviews we need to be working on each day. The pull/guilt is real. I am hoping to enjoy the last month of summer as I wrap up some of the current reviews we have. I just posted about our Colonial Life study from Home School in the Woods. The boys enjoyed doing an archaeological dig project from that study. They made their own dig! It was a super fun project this week.

Untitled


Places we're going and people we're seeing...


We went to the library for the kid's summer program one afternoon. We all enjoyed it. The drums were fun to hear, and they weaved a story into their music/drumming. The whole thing was just so fun to watch. They let the kids gently drum at the end.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled


My favorite thing this week was...

National coloring book day. They had a special event at the library giving away coloring books, and then we went home and made cookies and colored. I love coloring, so this rocked. My boys loved the choices they had for coloring books at the library too.

Untitled
Alex and his coloring book of choice
Untitled
Aric's coloring book. He didn't want to be in the picture.
Aric let me color in his new Star Wars book. I really wanted to try out a page, so I was happy that he let me color in it for our coloring session.

Untitled


Things I'm working on...

I pulled out a cross stitch I started a few falls ago. I am hoping it will be done by this fall.
Untitled

Random things the kids worked on...

Alex made up the rules to his own game with his Walls & Warriors game. He wanted to take a picture of it.

Untitled

Something I we accomplished...

We cleaned the boys' room one day. It was bad, but now it looks great and possibly livable.

Untitled

Questions/thoughts I have...

What should I do next school year? For everything from curriculum to co-ops to daily routines. I am even considering if we should continue with the charter. I just want to do my own thing, but I love the opportunities we get with a charter too (field trips, free classes, fun events, etc.). It's just so far to drive for those things. We'll start making decisions soon because this summer is quickly coming to a close!

I'm grateful for...


Sunny days at the beach!

Untitled


Untitled

That wraps up last week. By the time you are reading this, a new one will have started, so happy Monday! Hope you have a great week!

~Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...