Monday, October 12, 2020

My Weekly Notebook: succulent pumpkin, IKEA, and a retro game

Life this week...

My porch is looking very festive this week thanks to some little girls that we know from church. They call themselves The Country Girls, and they sell flowers in the spring and now special succulent pumpkins in the fall. I purchased this from them and then Mike made a plant stand for me to put it on by the front door. It's the cutest little pumpkin, and when the pumpkin is done at the end of the season I can just take the succulents off the top and plant them in something else.

Untitled


 

Homeschool this week...

We received another book to add to Alex's funschooling curriculum. He's almost done with his first Minecraft funschool book, so I have this one ready to go. 

Untitled


Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We made a trip to IKEA last Saturday because we really need to get some loft beds. It was a fun trip with friends that hadn't been for a long time. This was the line. It was loooong, but it really moved pretty fast. I'd say we were waiting about 30 minutes total. Felt like Disneyland again.

Untitled

 

Movies we watched... 

We watched Halloweentown 1 and 2. I had forgotten how cheesy these movies are! Still fun.


Untitled

Games we played...

We brought out our 1970's game of Go to the Head of the Class. The questions are hard! The things people considered useful knowledge back in the 70's is really interesting but some of it really isn't too different from today. I love this retro game though. It was Mike's grandmother's game, and she passed it on to us a few years ago.

Untitled


I'm cooking...

I made one of my favorite dishes that a good friend shared with me. It's called Buffalo Slaw. Yum!

Untitled


What's working/not working for us...

The Thinking Tree books are really working for us. They really fit well with our style of homeschooling, and so far Alex really loves them. I need to get Aric on board with them, but he's at the age where he doesn't want to do anything so there's that. 


Questions/thoughts I have... 

Why do some weeks feel like just a big flop? And some weeks are much more productive? This week felt hard in so many ways. I'm hoping for a better next week.


I'm grateful for...

Progress in life, and a good cat. 

Untitled

That wraps up this week! Time for a new one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...