Friday, September 23, 2022

My Weekly Notebook: Just a few days late (last week's edition)

Life this week...

Well, this is last week's post that I never finished, so that is how busy things got by the end of the week! April came home for the weekend for one last visit before she is back in class. It was nice to have her home for a few days, and I wanted to spend as much time as I could with her.

Homeschool this week...

We are finally getting some of the kinks of the new school year worked out. Classes are all figured out now, and the curriculum is ready. 

We are slowly getting to each book as we go along. Sometimes getting things going for the first time takes a little bit longer.

Untitled
Alex's stack of work one day this week. It looks like a lot, but some things are very short assignments.

Alex's first lesson in his science book has him working on taking a small electronic device apart. It's absolutely perfect because I had set aside an alarm clock for him to take apart before I knew about this project/experiment. He had a good time getting into this project.

Untitled
The alarm clock is all taken apart time


Untitled
Some pretty colorful wiring was found inside the clock.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Our local homeschool group had a sidewalk chalk day for our Friday library meeting. We drew pictures of our favorite books.

Untitled

I drew Elephant and Piggie of course...

  Untitled

Alex's class at church had their Wednesday night activity at a bouldering place. He enjoyed trying it out, but says it's too high for him.

Untitled

We went on a hike with a new to us homeschool hiking group. We hiked from Lower Macleay park and past the "witches castle." The picture below is Alex walking out of the castle.

Untitled

We picked apples with some friends. 

Untitled

Things I'm working on...

I am working on being still. Taking time each day to slow down and see what Heavenly Father is trying to tell me.

Something we accomplished...

It took some work, but we were able to get our garage cleaned out good enough to get all of our bikes in there. We've acquired some new bikes and the new ones weren't going to fit without a good cleaning and organization session. 

  Untitled

What we're reading...

This is part of Alex's curriculum. He read through this really fast, and he really enjoyed it. I've read the first 2 stories and now I want to finish them. I don't particularly like graphic novels, but I want to read the stories so I am reading it anyway.

  Untitled


Movies/TV we watched... 

April wanted to watch a movie while she was here over the weekend, so we watched Anne of Green Gables. An oldie but goodie. It was fun to watch it again even though I've seen it at least 100 times. 

Games we played...

We played Scattergories and Apples to Apples while April was home

Other thoughts from the week...

Some more fall decor may or may not have found its way back home with us. I love pumpkins.

  Untitled

I'm grateful for...

Here's my Thankful Thursday post as well! I'm thankful for the stew that I managed to get into the crockpot and the bread that I baked today so I could come home from clogging with dinner ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...