Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Oregon Garden through the years and today

We went to the Oregon Garden today for their annual homeschool day. It has been a few years (2 years of covid restrictions) but before that we went almost every year. At least I thought we had. Turns out we only went 4 other years out of our 15 years of homeschooling! (at least that I have pictures of). I was curious how many times we actually made it to homeschool day so I did a little digging through pictures and found 4 other documented times we went.

The first was 2012. My kiddos were 1.5, 4, 6, and 11. 

IMG_1542
2012 at the Oregon Garden Homeschool day

The next year was 2013. All kids a year older so 2.5, 5, 7, and 12

IMG_4262
2013 at the Oregon Garden
 

Then we skipped several years and went again in 2018. I hadn't realized we missed like 5 years in between! This time we went with my sister and her kids who were homeschooling at the time.

Untitled
2018 at the Oregon Garden
 

And then, the last time we went before the world shut down, 2019. 

Untitled
2019 at the Oregon Garden
 

I am kinda glad I have these past pictures. It goes to show that we didn't go as many times as I had thought, but we did go!

That brings me to this year. We went today and met up with some friends from our local homeschool group. It was great. I really enjoy just walking through the garden. They always have fun stations for the kids, but they really need some older kid stuff. Alex is almost just too old for it now, but I would still like a reason to come on homeschool day.

Oregon Garden homeschool day 2022:

I wanted to get some back to school pictures, so Alex is on the tractor. I was hoping for some nice garden/nature scene, but this is what he wanted.

Untitled

The flowers were gorgeous. Can you see the big kids in the background there? They mostly just walked around talking. Fine by me! I'm glad they were there.

Untitled

For the first time we discovered the slug water fountain. A friend pointed it out. We had never been in this area, or maybe we just didn't notice it? I don't know, but it was a fun photo op.

Untitled 

Untitled

Of course, that's all the pictures I took. I am wishing I had gotten more. It was a lovely day at the Oregon Garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...