Sunday, September 11, 2022

My Weekly Notebook: Week 1

Untitled
Back to school LEGO mosaic made by Mom

 

Life this week...

There were many back-to-school events this week, so it was a big back-to-school week for us. Including our charter school starting back on Wednesday. Which means check-ins, meet-ups, and new curriculum. I love back-to-school time. It's an exciting time.

Homeschool this week...

One thing that was worked on this week was this new book for Alex. My 52 lists project for kids. He has really taken to this book. So far he has done the first 2 lists and has written a list of his favorite characters and what he wants to do this year. It's really hard to think of these things on the spot!

Untitled 


Mom-school week...

I decided to knock out list 32 in my 52 lists project and listed the things that get me energized. By the end of the list I was feeling very energized and ready to go do something.

Untitled

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

  • We went to the Oregon Garden.
  • We went to Oaks Park not back to school day.
  • We went to our local homeschool group's ice cream not back to school kick-off.
  • We went camping last weekend for labor day.
Oaks Park with a friend:

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Not back to school party. This is the only picture I took. It is Alex sharing his fingerboard with a sweet little girl who asked to play with it. I thought it was such a sweet moment. I just love that homeschooling allows kiddos of all ages to interact and learn from each other.

Untitled  

My favorite thing this week was...

Sharing boxes of elementary curriculum that I'm not going to use anymore with friends. I took this to our ice cream party and the moms were all so excited to look through and pick what they wanted. I know how much of a blessing this can be, especially at the beginning of the school year.

Untitled

Things I'm working on...

I decided to take my stitching to the skate park one day. It was nice to sit there and have something to do with my hands. This project is going to take me a really long time though! It's huge.

Untitled 

Random things the kids worked on...

Aaron has been working on growing some avocados. He's actually getting pretty far on this project. These have been in a jar on the windowsill for a while. He's got roots and shoots. It has been fun to see these grow. He's doing a good job taking care of them and keeping them up. I have only provided the space. He's also growing mushrooms.

Untitled 

Something I accomplished...

I finally dug into my micro puzzle kit. The theme of this one was art. I put the puzzles together at camp with some help from April and Kimmy.


Untitled Untitled Untitled 

Movies/TV we watched... 

We finally finished book 6 so it was time for the movie!

Untitled
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince movie night

Outdoor time...

As of the end of August we are at 176 hours outside (out of 1000) since we started counting in April. I am enjoying counting the hours, It'll be fun to see what we hit in a year. 

Games we played...

No games this week, but I bought Upwords at Walmart on clearance yesterday, so I'm looking forward to playing that next week.

I'm cooking/eating...

I'm cooking with these new fall themed oven mitts. I couldn't pass them up. I'm such a sucker for holiday themed junk.

Untitled 


Other thoughts from the week...

I am also loving my fall themed shower curtain.

Untitled

I'm grateful for...

I am grateful for all the plans and preparations we have made for the new school year, and that so much has come together in ways I didn't think they would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...