Saturday, June 3, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: week 22

 

Life this week... 

I was so tired this week. Just mentally and physically exhausted. I wish I could just curl up into a ball and take a nap whenever I want. This kitty sure makes sleeping look good!

Untitled

 

Homeschool this week...

I found a great studying mushroom/fungi bundle at My Teaching Library to go along with our oyster teepee mushroom growing experiment we started a few months ago. In that bundle is a draw and name packet, and that packet had oyster mushrooms, so I had Alex do that for one of his assignments this week. We also harvested some of the mushrooms. They were left a little too long and started drying out, so they're only good for observation at this point. That's okay because no one in this house eats mushrooms anyway. Growing mushrooms was fun, but not something we will need to do again.

 Untitled

Places we're going and people we're seeing... 

We went to the coast one day with some friends. It was just a day trip and it was beautiful. A little chilly at times, but we managed to stay somewhat warm.

Untitled

A few of our favorite things this week... 

We went bowling on Tuesday. It has been a while, but we both (Alex and I) always enjoy when we go.

Untitled

Things I'm working on...

I am working on a Mandalorian puzzle that has been sitting on my table for way too long. Now I think it has missing pieces. I want to start working on a Liberty Quilt. I'm trying to decide if I should buy the pattern and do a sew-along with her. I want to so badly. I think I will!

Something I accomplished...

Decorating for memorial day with red, white, and blue. This is just one area, the door step. I also got decorations up inside. I have not felt motivated to decorate like I used to so I was pretty excited about this accomplishment.

Untitled 


What we're reading...

I finished the 2nd book in the hunger games series, Catching Fire. This is not my favorite thing to read about, but I read it so I can watch the movie. Also, I was intrigued about how this all goes down.


Untitled 

Movies/TV we watched...  

I finally got to start season 16 of Heartland. Since this is a Canadian show it takes forever to get to the states when a new season comes. Now I have to wait patiently each week for a new episode. It's torture, but I would probably just binge the whole thing if they put all the episodes up.


Untitled

Outdoor time...

We are at 177 hours currently

Games we played...

This Wildcraft game is kinda neat. We played it for the 2nd time ever and I've decided that it's just too easy for my middle schooler. It's definitely more for an elementary aged kiddo. It was still fun to play, but we'll be passing this on soon.

Untitled 

The board and setup is bright and colorful.

Untitled 

I do love the herb cards. 

Untitled 

I had to look up Herb Robert. But, if I had looked closer I guess the scientific name would have told me that it is a Geranium. I have never heard of it refered to as Herb Robert.

  Untitled

LEGO...

I made a patriotic mosaic. Making these mosaics out of LEGO is not really as easy as it looks. I think I am getting better.

Untitled
 

I'm cooking/eating... 

I made a giant wok spicy Yakisoba. It was delicious. I need to do that more.

Untitled

Other thoughts from the week... 

I guess this could also go in the "things I accomplished" section, but I walked my 2nd 5k today (Saturday). It was fun. I wish I could have walked more than 5k, but I was glad that I didn't today. I was done by the time I got to that finish line.

Untitled

I'm grateful for...

New school books and quick delivery of said books.

 Untitled Untitled


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...