Saturday, June 10, 2023

My Weekly Notebook: Week 23

 

Life this week...

This was a good week. But, I am starting to feel like every week is just hijacked by lack of time. I always have so much I want to get done, and so much that needs to be done, but all I'm left with is a whole lotta not done. I have discovered that I also lack focus and when I focus on getting just one thing done at a time I actually get stuff done. That doesn't work for my multi-tasking brain though. With all that said, I feel like I got to a few more things this week that have been on my to-do list for a very long time!

Homeschool this week...

Alex is learning about the human body for science, and this week he studied the bones. He worked on a crossword puzzle and a jigsaw puzzle along with the reading.  

Untitled

We are also getting back into chalk pastel art with new pastels and lesson with "Nana" at You ARE An Artist. This week's project was the night sky, complete with stars and constellations.

Untitled
Alex's painting
Untitled
Mom's painting
Untitled
New pastels! These look so nice
Untitled
Video lessons on the laptop are so convenient

  

Mom-school this week...

I worked a little on my Mission Driven Mom Academy course. I am currently working on some enrichment reading, a book called The Mastery of Destiny by James Allen. I printed it up to read, but I just learned that there is an audible book available for me to listen, so I'll be doing that this week.

Helpful homeschool tips and advice to share...

Stay connected with other homeschool mom friends. Is there a group near you? Could you start a group? Do you not go because you are too busy? I highly suggest you go. Even if you feel busy. It's really important to make those connections and have those kinds of friendships. Only other homeschool moms can really understand where you are coming from. I am so grateful for my good group of homeschool mom friends. Even my kiddo this week recognized that sometimes I like to hang out at homeschool things to visit with the other moms. He was actually willing to stay at an event a little longer because he thought I'd like to visit more. His friends weren't even really there. It was the sweetest thing.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We had to make a day trip to Eugene on Wednesday for Aaron's cybersecurity class end of semester project that he had to do in-person. While we were there we visited with April for dinner at Mod Pizza, and we also visited Grandma and Grandpa at their house for a bit. It was a long day, but I'm definitely thankful for the people we saw while there.

 Untitled


A few of our favorite things this week... 

Alex found this old AM/FM radio from Radio Shack at a thrift store this week. He couldn't get over how cool it was to find that. It even works!

Untitled

Things I'm working on...

I am gathering fabric for a quilt project that I'm starting. I decided to join Confessions of a Homeschooler in a quilt-along of her Liberty Quilt pattern. I think I have most of the fabrics I need except for the big pieces.

Untitled

I am so excited to see this come together. Also, I must be crazy to think I can get this done by 4th of July. We'll see how it goes.

  Untitled

 


Something I accomplished... 

I finally finished up these blocks from a Christmas Quilt I started at Christmas time. I had cut all the pieces and then they just sat by my sewing machine until now. I figured I should at least finish these before I start the Liberty quilt. I will continue this Christmas Quilt after the Liberty Quilt is done. For now I'm excited to have these together!

Untitled
 

What we're reading...

I read this scripture this week and thought this has to be my favorite right now. I have lots of favorites, but this one spoke to me this week.

 Untitled

Movies/TV we watched...

We watched Sweet Home Alabama to go along with our Alabama state study.

 Untitled  

Games we played...

We played a new game called Kanoodle. We also played Pokemon Labyrinth and a speed stacking cup game. No pictures, but lots of fun.

LEGO... 

I am trying to decide what kind of Jurassic scene I want to make, so I put some of my big guys on the table to see if it sparks any ideas as I go through my day. So far, they just look like they're fighting.

Untitled


I'm cooking/eating...

I made pizza on Friday night (usually I cook it on Sunday), but I felt like having homemade instead of Costco or store bought. Making pizza is fun, but it's also a lot of work.


Other thoughts from the week... 

I have been doing W-mart pick-up a lot lately because it's convenient and quick, but so many times I just get the few things I need to get us by. I decided to just go in and do my own shopping this week. I was able to get so much that I keep forgetting we need. Sometimes you just gotta do it yourself.

Untitled
 

I'm grateful for...

Times when I push myself to do things that are scary and possibly hard (like walking a 5K last Saturday)
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...