Tuesday, November 7, 2017

D is for Door

I think the letter D almost stumped me. I have been thinking about it for a few days, and could think of nothing for the letter D. Nothing relevant to current life or homeschooling. I was beginning to think I wouldn't make it, but tonight as I walked in my house through the front door I realized that I had never shared about painting my door!

I have a few friends that have recently painted their front door, and loved the results. I have wanted to add some color to our home, and our door used to be white with a lot of smudges and marks that I couldn't get clean. I asked hubby what he thought, and he said he didn't mind. I asked the kids (mostly April), and she was all for it. So, I painted the door. Somehow I decided to use the barn red color that we already had in the garage leftover from when we painted our chicken coop. Probably because I didn't want to buy more paint, and it was an easy decision that way (when faced with a million colors I might have a harder time deciding. This was the end result!

IMG_2573

 I really like how it makes the whole front entryway more inviting. I have to admit I had hoped the red would be more bold and bright, but overall I'm happy with the result. It'll be interesting to see how it looks with the different seasons decorations. By the way, painting a door is not as easy as it looks! I'd highly recommend reading something like this tutorial before starting (which I didn't do, but wishing I had because there were some great tips there). 

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted to paint my front door. I love the way yours turned out! The color is beautiful! Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...