Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

I can hardly believe tomorrow is November! Which means that today was the last day of October, or Halloween!

Untitled
We didn't carve these pumpkins, but they were just so fun. I am amazed that they carved so many! We got 2 pumpkins carved this year.

We had a pretty low key day, and just went trick-or-treating in the evening. We first headed over to the Tukwila (the "richer" part of town) neighborhood. It's also where everyone else in town goes apparently. There were people everywhere! But, it was pretty, and some of the houses were pretty decked out with decor.

Untitled
One of the many houses in Tukwila all decorated.
I only had 2 kids dressed up tonight, but April went along with me and the 2 that dressed up. It was nice to have her company.

Untitled
Alex was a black ninja.
Untitled
Aric was a blue ninja.
Then we headed over to another neighborhood where a lot of people from our church ward live, and we went to the house that always has a big display every year. This year they really went all out with a creepy circus complete with creepy clowns. It was almost like a "haunted house" where you walk through and get spooked by things. It was pretty cool. Only one kid was a little too scared about it. It wasn't who you'd think either!

Untitled
Creepy circus walk through. These people went all out!
Last Friday we had our trunk-or-treat, and I actually decorated for the first time ever. I've done a few pumpkins and streamers before, but this time I really wanted to make it fun. I decided to use lights because I knew it would be dark. 

Untitled
Our trunk. I had the candy in the cat's mouth. It was fun to tell the kids they could pick a candy from the cat.
For some reason I didn't get all the kids in their costumes this night. I guess I was so focused on the trunk that the opportunity slipped away as it got dark. But, Aaron dressed up as a construction worker, and April was Anna from Frozen. The other 2 boys were the same as the pictures above.

Untitled

This black cat is actually a cat bed that I bought for my cat, but he doesn't use it so now it will be a halloween decoration! I just might use it every year to give out the candy!

Untitled
Meow!

 Well, that wraps up another Halloween for us. Hope you had a fun and sweet night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...