Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Super Teacher Worksheets (A REVIEW)

Superteacher

I have a weakness for worksheets, so when I was given the opportunity to try out the Super Teacher Worksheets website I have to admit I got a little excited. I was given the Individual Membership with unlimited access to all the activities (that includes over 10,000 activities). Every time I am on that website I feel like a kid in a candy shop, and want to print up all kinds of fun worksheets. They all look so fun and interesting, and they are!

 Super Teacher Worksheets
With my membership I can access all the worksheets/activities from anywhere with an internet connection. I can log in and on the homepage browse through different subjects organized down the left column, or there are featured worksheets that pop up in a little window at the top. There's a "what's new" section as well as a "make your own printable" and "top picks" section. So, even if you come and aren't sure what you want there will surely be something on the homepage to inspire you.

 Super Teacher Worksheets

I used this website for all my kids grades 1-6. I think it tops out at about 6th grade, but I did manage to find an algebra worksheet for my high schooler (it was mostly review as it was very basic algebra).

I had planned to use this for mostly math supplement, but I found so many great worksheets that we definitely branched out. As I said earlier, there are some featured worksheets on the homepage, and right now they have their fall themed pages right there ready to check out. I thought that would be fun to try out, so we did several fall themed worksheets.

My 1st grader had a great time playing this Leaf Sum Game...

Untitled
This leaf sum game is a fun way to find pairs that add up to 10.

In fact, he loved it so much that we played all 4 pages that printed up! I loved the creativity of this worksheet (and most of the others that we did). I also love how simple and clear the worksheets are. Nice bold lines, and not terribly busy.

Untitled
Another of the leaf sum game pages. This time we colored the pairs.
I had so many worksheets laying around for each child (3 boys) to do that I decided we needed some organization, so I got some file folders. I made one up for each boy above their workboxes, and put a label on them with "worksheets."

Untitled

Now they can each easily find their folder with worksheets if I say they need to pick a worksheet that interests them because I put several in there for each one. Sometimes I also assign a certain worksheet that I know I want them to do.

Untitled
Where I keep all their worksheets so they don't get lost.
We tried some reading and writing worksheets too. The reading worksheets included a story or a poem and some questions or vocabulary to go along with it. My boys did really well with this.

My 4th grader had this scrambled words sheet to go along with a story. He was able to learn some vocabulary from the story. He really liked this.

IMG_2540
Scrambled words worksheet
My 1st grader really liked this Apples, Apples poem. I read it to him first, and then he wanted to read it to me several times. It was fun to see him get excited, and easy enough for him to read on his own.

IMG_2536

He then worked on the comprehension questions to Apples, Apples.

IMG_2538

Here are some more math worksheets that the boys worked on. Just some regular math practice. This was my original plan with the Super Teacher Worksheets website, but as you can see we have used it for so much more.

IMG_2534

Another great feature of this website is that they all have a range of grades for each activity. I was able to easily find some worksheets that would work for 2 of the 3 boys whether it was the younger with the middle, or the middle with the older. Here are the multiplication table worksheets that I had the 4th and 6th grader work on. They both needed practice in this area.

IMG_2533

There are so many great worksheets at this website. I didn't even touch the science section, but I have peeked a little bit, and there are some great sections from animals to matter to the human body and much more. Some other sections that I didn't get to include grammar, handwriting, spelling, chapter books, social studies, holidays, and a worksheet generator. So much great stuff here! Oh, and if you want to try some out, I know there are a few freebies. You can just click through some of the subjects, and it will have a "free!" sign on it if you can just print it up for free. Check it out!

I highly recommend this if you want a great place to find good quality worksheets to go along with anything that your child is studying, or even just as a supplement. If you'd like to see what others had to say about Super Teacher Worksheets you can click on the banner below.



Super Teacher Worksheets
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...