Thursday, October 26, 2017

C is for CD's (missing) and great curriculum

I am aiming to blog about things that are happening in my life for this round of ABC blogging. So, I pick something that has happened within the week, and this week happens to involve some curriculum mishaps.

Some of you might remember that I did a review for a writing curriculum last year called Here to Help Learning. Well, I really enjoyed that writing curriculum, and so did my boys. As I was picking curriculum a few months ago, I was perusing the Rainbow Resource online catalog for what things I wanted to use this school year. I searched writing curriculum, and this same curriculum popped up in my search. I hadn't realized it came in book and CD format! I was thrilled because I could order this through our charter.

Untitled

Fast forward to last week when we finally received the 6th grader's curriculum (it took so long because something happened and his order got lost but that's a different story). I opened up the Here to Help Learning teachers guide to look through it, and flipped to where the CD's were stored only to find that the first 3 CD's were missing. Bummer! Now something that we hadn't even gotten started on was going to take a lot longer.

Untitled

I got a little worried that we might not be able to do anything about it, or that it would take forever if I had to send the book back, since it was ordered through the charter. I wasn't sure what I should do. Should I contact Here to Help Learning? Do I contact Rainbow? I decided it would be best to just start with the charter school. I immediately sent an email off to them. Thankfully they were quick, and started the relay message to Rainbow who contacted the publisher. I am thrilled to say that I sent that email on Sunday evening, and less than a week has gone by and I received the 3 CD's today. Wow! I was impressed. What a great response by all parties.

Untitled

I wanted to give a special shout out to Here to Help Learning though. They were so quick in mailing them out, and they gave us a special gift for all the trouble. I was happy with just receiving the CD's quickly, but this was just awesome. Here is a picture of the letter they sent to us... (my son was very excited about the dog, and cut it out)

Untitled

I am excited for this little tidbit that we didn't expect. An Island of the Blue Dolphins Literature Adventure! My son immediately asked if he could do it. It'll be fun to "dive" into this!

Untitled

As a review crew member it is my job to help promote and share curriculum we try. I didn't have to share this, but having reviewed for them in the past, and really enjoying what we have used before I wanted to share about it again! I am excited to get started on our writing now!

I am linking this up with Hopkins Homeschool blogging through the alphabet ABC.

4 comments:

  1. What a great story about an amazing vendor! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great customer service story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! It is fantastic that you received such a quick and gracious response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistakes happen, but this was some great customer service!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...