Thursday, September 28, 2017

Homemade white bread

I love homemade bread. My sister-in-law makes this stuff every week for their bread supply because they don't buy their bread to avoid preservatives and other ingredients. When we were visiting with them a few years ago I tried her bread and loved it, so I asked for the recipe. It's a great store bought white bread look alike. It's soft too.

Untitled

I tried to get a picture of what we had from the loaf last week after I had cut it up because I didn't think about putting the recipe up until the day after I made it. This is what it looks like in a bag on day 2. Still pretty good. It doesn't last long at our house as it gets eaten fast. That's the only problem.

Untitled

Here is the recipe. I will call it Michelle's bread recipe since I have no idea what the original source is, and I got it from my sister-in-law who is Michelle.

Michelle's bread recipe:

Ingredients~
2 cups water
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon yeast
1/4 cup oil or butter
6 cups flour total
2 1/2 teaspoons salt

Heat water in microwave 1 minute. Pour into bowl (mix either by hand or kitchen aide). Add sugar and stir. Add yeast. Let sit about 5 min. Just until you make sure it's active. Add oil.

Stir in 2C flour until well incorporated. Add salt. Stir in rest of flour 1C at a time, making sure it is well mixed each time. When all flour has been added, knead either by hand or kitchen aide until soft and smooth. When pushed it will spring back. Cover and let rise in an oiled bowl until doubled (about 1 to 1.5 hours). Flatten dough, knead a few times in bowl, let rise again 30-45 min. Shape into loaves or rolls, and let rise again 30 min. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes for 2 loaves, or 20 minutes for 30 rolls.

Notes: This bread has a lot of rising time between 3 different rising periods. Plan to start this early in the day if you need it for a certain time.

1 comment:

  1. Is this the one you mentioned on my Pampered Chef FB page? I already bookmarked it for myself, but be sure to link it there. I'll be doing a "Weekend Wins" post every Saturday morning, so you could even post it tomorrow instead of scrolling back to last weekend. :) Looks good! The little Ws would love it. Or will love it. Because I will make it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...