Saturday, September 9, 2017

My Homeschool Mother's Journal: random happenings

Life this week...

We spent last Saturday getting some much needed clothes shopping done for the kids (and us). Mostly church clothes shopping, but we shopped for some regular things too. It was labor day weekend so we were hoping to hit up a few sales. We found a lot of great stuff on clearance mostly, and a few sales. I think Dad ended up with 6 pairs of new pants for work all for $30. Did I mention we love the clearance rack?
Untitled
My arms full of everyone's findings while waiting at the dressing room for someone.

We hit up Burlington coat factory too. That's a great place to find good quality cheaper clothes too. Alex found this shirt, and guess what? We came home with that one. It was too cute. As you can see he's already wearing it in the picture above (at JCPenney).

Untitled

Guess what else we found on clearance that came home with us that day? A new washer. We couldn't pass up a screamin' deal on this washer that was behind the checkout with a clearance tag on it as we were buying all our clothes. Our current set is 17 years old. They both have been fixed quite a few times, and we had talked about replacing them sometime in the near future. It was time to start. Besides this thing was NICE. It even sings a beautiful little song when it's done washing, as if it's happy to be done. No more annoying loud buzzer. It makes us all smile.

Untitled
Salem thoroughly inspecting the new washer in town.
It took a day to get it out of the living room, but finally we got it installed. Can you see in the picture below how the handle is taped on our old dryer? Yep, the dryer's next! This washer is amazing, and can do double what my last washer could. Now to get a dryer that can dry that huge load.

IMG_2541
new washer, old dryer

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

At the Dr. office on Tuesday afternoon. I had to take all the kids, so they waited in the waiting room for close to an hour. Usually I leave them at home, but we had other errands to run that they needed to come for, so we made life work for us that day.

Untitled

Ice Skating lessons started up again. This time Aric and Alex are doing them. They had a good time, and I think they will learn a lot.

Untitled

They didn't want me to take their picture...

Untitled

My favorite thing this week was...
My kids' favorite thing this week was...

Buying oversize freeze pops from Cash 'n carry. Our local pool had a "free freeze pop Friday" over the summer. We only realized this the last few weeks of the summer, so we went for the last Friday, and by the time we got out of the pool they had run out since it was the last one. I asked the guy where they got them from because they were huge and we had never seen them before. He said Cash 'n carry, so I promised the kids we would pick up a box since we missed it that day. They loved having our own box.

Untitled

Things I'm working on...

Until today I was working on this Christmas puzzle. It was fun to cheat a little and do this one even though Christmas is several months away. I finished it today, and will now pass it along to someone else.

Untitled



What's working/not working for us...
Questions/thoughts I have...
I'm grateful for...

Being able to rescue our cat from off the roof this week without any broken bones, us or him. Aaron was able to get up on the ladder and grab him. He looks calm and relaxed in this picture, but he was not. I think he was starting to get worried about how he would get down.

Untitled

He walked around on the roof like this for quite a while looking for a place to get down. There was no way. I think he used a fence to get up there, and I don't think he could quite land on the fence the same way he got off. I have a great appreciation for cat rescues now.

Untitled


Mom's Favorite...

A sweet moment at church. Alex was the reverence child in primary. Basically he helps the children come in and sit down quietly while waiting for everyone to come in.

Untitled

That about wraps up our week! I should have more homeschool and learning happenings soon as we get more into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...