Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Portland, OR Rose Garden

We had a back to homeschool day at the Portland Rose Garden last week. April has been asking to go for many years now, and we tried to go on her birthday outing back in August, but it was just too busy. So, we packed up some nature study supplies, a camera, and set off to Portland on a beautiful sunny Tuesday morning.

rosegarden

We had a great time walking around. The roses were just beautiful, and in perfect bloom right now.

Untitled

One of my goals this outing was to get some new back to school pictures for the blog. You know, to replace the ones on the side. I think we did pretty good, except that I had forgot to put the card back into my good camera. I had to use the iphone, so these pictures are pretty good, but I didn't get the best. We'll try again soon.

Untitled

This archway was just beautiful.

Untitled

Untitled

Alex found an orange rose, just like his shirt.

Untitled

This picture of April turned out just amazing. The lighting was so perfect.

Untitled

Alex loved the big leaves.

Untitled

A picture, Aaron style.

Untitled

This sculpture was pretty neat, and the kids liked being able to walk under it.

Untitled

Untitled

Some beautiful flowers...

Untitled
Untitled



1 comment:

  1. Tim and I went there pre-kids. I think we're due for another visit, but with all four little Ws. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...