Sunday, September 24, 2017

My weekly notebook

Life this week...

The rain came back. We had several cool rainy days, and it felt wonderful. I don't know how many days we had straight of no rain, but it was pretty much the whole summer, and everything was dry dry dry. We had/have (I don't know if they're out with the rain or not) several fires all over our state, so over the past month or so it wasn't unusual to have many smokey days where the smoke just hung in the air. But, yay the rain came down this week! It's like Oregon forgot how to rain, and when it figured it out again it let it all go.

Untitled
The view out my kitchen window. I didn't capture just how hard it was pouring. This is how Fall should really look around here!

Homeschool this week...

  • Lots of Lego Mindstorms building
  • Life of Fred Math
  • April's orientation to get her back into her charter school (no public high school for her)
  • Art with Home art studio
  • Fun fall worksheets
  • Learning about matter in science
  • Getting our packages of curriculum in the mail! Now we'll finally be able to get more to work.
Untitled

Reviews we are working on...

  • Superteacherworksheets.com
  • Captain Bailey's Heir from Heirloom Audio
  • Channie's handwriting
Untitled
One of the many worksheets from Superteacherworksheets.com.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Ice skating continues to be a favorite outing. We made it to open skate 2 days this week. The kids get free passes for the open skate with their lessons, so we make it a priority to go so we can use up the passes. The passes are only good for the month of the lessons, and we're running out of the month of September.

Untitled
This is their class for lessons. It's the beginner basic 1 class. The instructor is pretty cool, and the boys really like him. He's the guy in all black with a cap on.

Alex is really a superstar on the ice. Aric isn't quite so much, but he can at least skate around.

Untitled
They are expanding, and skating around cones this week!


My favorite thing this week was...

Seeing the cat finally use his little cat cave.

Untitled


My kids' favorite thing this week was...

Getting excited about halloween costumes. They had fun finding these animal things at Target while looking around for ideas in the halloween section of Target one day.

Untitled
What does one do with a very large animal head after halloween?!  I think we'll pass on these, but they sure are funny.
Things I'm working on...

I worked on the yard some on Saturday. Felt good to get that done. Mostly just spraying of patios, picking up junk that needs to be tossed, and teaching Aric how to mow a lawn. I think I won't cringe when I walk in the backyard now. 

I'm cooking...

I made some homemade bread this week. It turned out perfect. I also made homemade chicken noodle soup, Korean beef, and pancakes for lunch. I am pretty pleased with how much I cooked this week.

That's about all for this week! Time for a new one tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...