Wednesday, December 13, 2017

H is for Hide and Hug

OLAF!!

Do you do Elf on the shelf?

We tried one year. I even bought the Elf.

I brought him home, and no one liked how he looked. They all thought he looked creepy. I didn't think he was so bad, but if no one liked him then I guess it wasn't going to be fun. So, I took him back. My kids probably would have been creeped out kind of like these "kids."


I still liked the idea of doing something silly each night. I wasn't so much into the "he's watching you" stuff, so I guess it wasn't meant for us to have an Elf on the shelf anyway.

Then I found Olaf!

Hide and Hug Olaf. (I found him in 2014. That's the only time I saw him in the stores.) I loved this "Elf on the shelf" type thing, so I snatched one up. He comes out each Christmas just for fun.

I haven't been very good about hiding him each night before Christmas since we got him. I've "hidden" him maybe a handful of times. This one is from 2014. The only night he got hidden (that year) he delivered a trip to Great Wolf Lodge.

IMG_7470

This year I wasn't in the mood to do it at the beginning of the month, but the boys kept asking me if I'd hide Olaf soon.

I finally did.

I decided I could do the 12 days count down until Christmas with him. So, he hid for the first time last night. I put him on the treadmill, and he put out all our Get Air socks because I knew we were headed there in the morning.

image

The boys were surprised. I think they had given up on him hiding at all this Christmas. I haven't felt very "merry and bright" this year, but I'm doing my best. We'll see how the rest of the nights go!

Any ideas for my hide and hug Olaf adventures?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...