Sunday, December 3, 2017

My Homeschool Mother's Journal: Christmas party, pineapple, and science

Life this week...

It was hard to get back into the groove after the long Thanksgiving weekend, and now it's a new month. It was a pretty quiet week though, with not a lot of busy, and that's always nice.

Homeschool this week...

We got down and dirty with some science experiements. We were doing a surface tension experiment  with a needle on top of the water (which I didn't get a picture of), and I remembered the milk and dish soap experiment so we did that one too. The boys had a good time with these experiments. And, our hands were covered in food coloring after.

image

image

image

We are also talking about states of matter, and had a project with cheerios to go with that. We had a good time munching on cheerios and doing this project.

image

image

We started our Friday morning with a game of Set. This was a bit challenging for the youngest, and actually ended in tears for him. But, he did come back and play after he calmed down. Aric was the pro, and beat us all. Fun game! It's all about finding patterns.

image


Reviews we are working on...

No reviews going on right now as it is break time for the review crew, and I don't have any other outside reviews. I do have good news though! I have been invited back to the 2018 review crew, and that will start back up here in a few weeks, so we should have some fun things to share in the new year!

Places we're going and people we're seeing...

We had a fun Christmas party at our church on Saturday evening. It was Hawaiian themed, and Santa even wore some board shorts. The food was delicious. We sang some Hawaiian songs, and we even heard a sweet Hawaiian children's Christmas story. It was a fun evening.

The 2 younger boys went up to see Santa...

IMG_2645

IMG_2646

April wanted a picture in front of the tree with a ukulele...

IMG_2647

I tried to get some pictures of all the kids before everything was taken down...

IMG_2650

We should have done pictures first! This is what I got...

IMG_2651

My kids' favorite thing this week was...

Watching some Christmas movies. Alex just loves The Polar Express. It's one of my favorites too.

image

Things I'm working on...

I started a puzzle of the nativity. This one will be a challenge for me, 1,000 pieces! What was I thinking. I have not made it very far yet. This one really needs some good lighting because the picture has a lot of darker shades. Might have to get a little desk light.

Untitled

I've also been working on getting the house ready for Christmas. It looks like we are getting ready to move in this picture! But, we aren't. I was organizing the computer room, and getting things put away.

Untitled


What we're reading...

Lots and lots of Christmas books. We read Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree several times this week. We also read How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Twelve Days of Christmas by Jan Brett. We checked a few new ones out from the library this week too. The book display is full!

I'm grateful for...

...finding Hawaiian shirts for all 6 of us at Value Village in one shopping trip. Everyone loved their shirt, and they were a great price! Thrift stores can be pretty awesome.

image
Something fun...

April's artwork from our art lesson at the Woodburn Homeschool group on Friday. The lesson was on Pointillism, and George Seurat. She made a pointillism pineapple!

image

That about wraps up our week!

I am linking this up to the review crew homeschool blog link-up

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...