Wednesday, December 6, 2017

She did it!

Yesterday we had quite the day at the DMV! In the morning I took April in to do the written portion of her driving test so that she'd have some time in between that and the actual drive test. While we were waiting for our number to be called a girl had just finished her drive test. She was crying. She clearly didn't pass. We both saw her. I knew that really made April worried for her turn in the afternoon. It made me worried too.

She did her written part, and got every question right. She rocked that part. Then we came back at 1:45 for what we thought was a 2:00pm drive test. Turns out it was actually at 2:20. We had to do something for a bit since it wasn't really enough time to go home. We went next door to Big5 for a while. The waiting even longer was stressing April out. Finally, it was time. We headed back over to the DMV got her checked-in, and then she went out to the van to wait for the tester to come out.

She waited in the van for a good while, probably almost 10 minutes.

image
April sitting in the van waiting for the drive test to begin.
Still waiting...

image

Meanwhile inside this is what I wanted to be doing (flailing all over the floor). I was just as nervous for her as she probably was. I knew that if she didn't pass it would be a broken heart like the girl earlier. I think I was also worried because she was in our van without us. It's a scary thing in a way. Once she pulled away I was better though.

image
We were all excited for her. The boys were very encouraging, and were really hoping she would pass. Alex was most excited because he gets to go get hot chocolate with April just the 2 of them, she promised him.

She pulled back in about 20 minutes later, and they sat in the car for a bit. I wasn't sure if that was a good sign or not. Finally they got out, and she came in. She wasn't crying! When she got close to me she said she passed. Phew! She got an excellent score too. So proud of her!

image

Later that evening we went to Limeberry to celebrate with the family.

image

image

 It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...