Thursday, January 4, 2018

G is for Gobble Gobble

It seems I have some catching up to do. Now that the Christmas season is over I feel like I can do that!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Nothing spectacular. Just a day trip down to Springfield to have dinner with the family.

Just a few snippets from our Thanksgiving celebrations...

First, I am sharing about my mantle because I was very proud of myself for not skipping Thanksgiving decorating. I so wanted to put up the Christmas, and not even bother with Thanksgiving. But, I pulled them out about a week before, and I was very happy that I did. It turned out beautiful, and ended up being my favorite thing to look at all week.

IMG_2640

On our way down on Thanksgiving day we picked up a newspaper to browse the ads for deals.

Untitled

The table getting ready for the big meal.

Untitled

I picked up some photo booth props, and we had fun with those throughout the day.

Untitled
Untitled
IMG_2643

There was a lot of video game playing to while away the time.

IMG_2641

The boys were getting restless and bored after dinner so I took them to the park. I also took the photo booth props hoping to get some good shots, but the boys weren't really all that interested in taking pictures with them. So we made a game!

Untitled

I got a few shots of them with the props, but then I had the idea to hide them throughout the playground.

Untitled

This got them moving, and climbing. Suddenly the playground got a lot more interesting.

Untitled

After I hid the props they could run and find them. We had one extra prop that we called the golden pie. It was hidden the hardest. Aric is holding it in the middle top picture below.

thanksgivingcollage
Some shots of the props hidden throughout the playground.

This is a little video of finding the props. At the end Alex finds the "golden pie." He's so worried about finding it first that he jumped from the top of the climbing wall to get it when it fell down. It was fun, and a good challenge! I've saved the props for next year. We'll see if they make it!

I have missed the link up for the letter G, but I am joining Hopkins Homeschool for this blogging through the alphabet series.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post! Love all the cute props :) I'm back to blogging and started another round of the 52 lists. I hope that maybe you will consider joining us again.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am so glad you left a comment. I saw in my feed that you were starting the 52 lists again, and I clicked over, but the blog was closed to invited readers only. Is this a new blog? I am so happy to be able to join the 52 lists, I really wanted to!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...