Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Magic Stix Washable Markers (A REVIEW)

The Pencil Grip, Inc.

As an art loving family we were thrilled to get to review another (bigger) set of Magic Stix Washable Markers from The Pencil Grip, Inc. These are colorful, vibrant markers that last, and are really fun to color with. This 24 pack of markers comes in a very nice carry case, and the markers stay nicely organized in it because there is an anchor spot for each and every marker to snap into.


Magic Stix Washable Markers

So, what sets these markers apart from others? First of all, if I still had young children in the house, I'd be pretty excited about the 7 days without a lid guarantee. I didn't do this test, but I watched several other crew review members do it, and they really do last 7+ days without a lid on. These markers won't dry out. They are also washable, non-toxic, scent free, and vibrant. I just love the case too. It's so sturdy, and I feel like I can keep these ones out of our big messy jumbled box of random markers.

Untitled


So, I mentioned vibrant, and lasting. I remember as a kid (a long time ago, long before these markers came about) coloring with different brand markers and being really annoyed when the marker seemed to run out mid-coloring. I'd have to put the lid on the marker, and wait for it to refresh, it seemed. Then it'd work a little better, but still seemed to run out so fast if I colored a lot. Well, I've colored large areas with these new Magic Stix markers, and I just love how they don't run out at all. I even did a test to prove my point. I colored a complete page of white printer paper with the color yellow from our Magic Stix pack, and a yellow from our marker box of doom. I colored both at about the same speed, and didn't go over any section twice (except for maybe a little overlap). The other brand marker did as I remembered it doing. It petered out about halfway down the page. The Magic Stix marker stayed vibrant all the way through the page.

yellow

I just love how all of the colors are very vibrant on paper. The first thing I did was try them all out on a paper. (I am not sure why I only have 23 color clouds on the paper below, but alas, I do)

Untitled

A few months ago we reviewed the 12 pack, which is great, but I really wanted more color choices. This pack of 24 really has some great variety in colors, different shades, and of course many of those choices in the most popular colors. I organized them in color groups to see just how many of each color there are.

We have the oranges and yellows. Three different yellows.

Untitled

Greens and a gold. I put the gold with this group because I was thinking St. Patrick's Day coloring, but I guess that color should have really gone with the yellows to make four yellows.

Untitled

Browns, black, and grey.

Untitled

Purples, pinks, and reds.

Untitled

And, of course, the blues. This would be the most popular in my house of boys.

Untitled

Everyone in the house had fun using the markers for various projects. Even the oldest, age 16, sat down and colored a page from one of our adult coloring books.

Untitled
By April, age 16

I had the boys use them for various art projects and school work. They have a good tip for coloring and writing letters and numbers.

Untitled
Alex working on an olympic rings project.
Untitled
A Valentine made for me from Alex (age 7)
These really are some great markers. I highly recommend them for any art or homeschool closet or collection.

Go read about what others had to say about them by clicking on the banner below.

Magic Stix Washable Markers {The Pencil Grip, Inc. Reviews}

Crew Disclaimer

1 comment:

  1. I'm considering these for our upcoming school year! I've read a lot of reviews now. They do look really nice and bright. We are using a lot of watercolors for art right now and I'm thinking we might be continuing another year of watercolor ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to hear what you think.

Thankful Thursday

It's always a relief to not be sick anymore. I am thankful for feeling better after a sickness, and also for the healing power that the ...